O2 controller for closed loop area

Tried this O2 controller from Kevin Hope , 7416kevinh on eBay. Ran bike on my dyno and all closed loop areas ran in mid 13's not the 14.7 as original. Will definitely smooth out your lower throttle areas!
Link to one of his auctions. Great guy to work with! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-MT-09-FZ-09-MT09-FZ09-Tracer-FJ09-FJ-09-O2-Controller-/141709070125?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20fe84cf2d

• Premium Member
 Tried this O2 controller from Kevin Hope , 7416kevinh on eBay. Ran bike on my dyno and all closed loop areas ran in mid 13's not the 14.7 as original. Will definitely smooth out your lower throttle areas! Link to one of his auctions. Great guy to work with! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-MT-09-FZ-09-MT09-FZ09-Tracer-FJ09-FJ-09-O2-Controller-/141709070125?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20fe84cf2d

Crap, more things to spend my money on. Thanks for that. blbl_zpsvi6inrfd.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I'm curious what you you think of it as you use it more. I had a (relatively) long conversation with Nels of 2WheelsDynoWorks yesterday and got the impression the flash will also take care of the surginess (is that a word?) and, of course, do a lot of other things too.

I'm completely new to riding motorcycles and the FJ is my VERY first bike, so, of course, 85% of what he talked about was over my head.

Tried this O2 controller from Kevin Hope , 7416kevinh on eBay. Ran bike on my dyno and all closed loop areas ran in mid 13's not the 14.7 as original. Will definitely smooth out your lower throttle areas! Link to one of his auctions. Great guy to work with! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-MT-09-FZ-09-MT09-FZ09-Tracer-FJ09-FJ-09-O2-Controller-/141709070125?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20fe84cf2d

Crap, more things to spend my money on. Thanks for that. blbl_zpsvi6inrfd.gif
Dumb question maybe.... something i've always wondered: How does the O2 sensor get an accurate reading of the air fuel mixture when fresh air is being injected into the exhaust by the AIS???

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

Ty - Generally speaking AIS is active on cold start for first few minutes (or less) of running to help the CAT heat up quicker so fuel control goes to closed loop sooner, to reduce emissions. AIS is not active in closed loop, therefore no effect on O2S signal.

Ty - Generally speaking AIS is active on cold start for first few minutes (or less) of running to help the CAT heat up quicker so fuel control goes to closed loop sooner, to reduce emissions. AIS is not active in closed loop, therefore no effect on O2S signal. 

Ah, that explains it. Thank you!

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

• 6 months later...
  • Premium Member
I have flash from Nels and the O2 controller from Kev. Nels said to take the o2 controller off with his flash and I did, but then tried it with the o2 controller on the bikes do it felt even better when transitioning between closed and open loop. So his flash does not fully address what the o2 controller does. And Kev said his o2 dongle can be used with any flash or tune as tunes never touch closed loop usually.

Hi all, I have been running with this mod from Kev since july and its been faultless best £60 spent on the bike,smooths the throttle responce and no hunting or jurkyness, ethier at the small throttle opening at low speed or at the transition from closed to open loop.
I personelly cant see the need for the flash after fitting this as its now how it should have been from the factory,i havent seen any changes to the fuel consumption or running temp,having done around 5000 miles with it i can recommend it only took a week from austrila to uk,and 40 mins to fit! great option

• 4 weeks later...

Archived