• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Graves Exhaust installed and Dyno Run

GoldenPenguin

Hello from the Northwest! My graves exhaust came in last week so I threw it on as soon as I could. And it fits with the center stand! The exhaust all together was a really nice fit, looks great, and sounds awesome. Install was about an hour from start to finish, and I have to remove the center stand to get the stock exhaust off, which was the biggest pain of the whole process.

To get the center stand to fit, you have to put a few washers on the exhaust hanger bracket to shim the exhaust out. Grave's obviously doesn't send you these, so 75 cents later from Home Depot and you're good to go.

I immediately went to 2 Wheel DynoWorks and got a little ECU flash lovin and she's absolutely perfect right now. No gargling, decel sputtering, or anything of that natural. It's smooth as glass and made over 115 hp on the dyno. I forgot to grab the graphs so I will post those up when I head back to Nels shop.

EDIT: and I just noticed the pictures are giant, I will fix that later tonight.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=987HRaYZRxE&feature=youtu.be]

8zxsgJn.jpg

Above you can see the center stand is indeed attached and on the bike.

CKA0dUf.jpg

A side shot showing the clearance of the stopper on the center stand.

G0rlLNC.jpg

Finally, here's the washer's I had to use to push the exhaust out a little bit to give it the clearance for the center stand. It was kind of a pain in the ass to get the washers in there because of where this bolt is located, but it was worth it. Don't forget to put nylon washers closest to the carbon fiber bracket so it doesn't scratch or dig into it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good, especially with a bit of colour in the headers!

FYI, you don't need to remove the centre stand to get the stock exhaust off. Loosen all the fasteners, put the bike on the side stand, and it comes off easy.

Couldn't agree more, wish I had more bits and pieces around the garage when I started all these bike projects.. Now have a nice washer and bolt kit for the next projects 8-) What's the old saying - measure or dry fit twice, cut......

Thanks for posting the dyno. I wanted to get one done but wasnt sure where to go around here. Also glad the flash worked out. I am definitely sending mine in this fall so it is ready for next spring.

Thanks for posting the dyno. I wanted to get one done but wasnt sure where to go around here. Also glad the flash worked out. I am definitely sending mine in this fall so it is ready for next spring.
The flash is for sure worth it, especially with this exhaust. I would send it in before the end of the riding season so you can experience while there's still time. It makes a pretty big difference.

• 2 weeks later...
Probably the easiest aftermarket exhaust I've ever installed thanks to your pics here on the forum, the three washer trick did the thing. Can't wait to ride it!

Glad it worked for you. Nobody seems to have mentioned anything like that on any forum so it was kind of a crapshoot when i ordered it. Dont forget to get your ECU flashed to match the exhaust! It actually made a big difference for me.

Got her out yesterday and the fuel injection/throttle response is perfect! Power band is very strong and linear from just above idle and pulls all the way to just short of redline.
No dips/lean spots noted. Makes the bike too easy to ride way too fast.
Now it shows that the forks need some work to try to keep up with the engine!
Next project!

Got her out yesterday and the fuel injection/throttle response is perfect! Power band is very strong and linear from just above idle and pulls all the way to just short of redline. No dips/lean spots noted. Makes the bike too easy to ride way too fast.
Now it shows that the forks need some work to try to keep up with the engine!
Next project!

Did you get the ECU flash too? 

Yes, 2 Wheel DynoWorks in Washington were wonderful to work with, turn-around was 24 hours and the ECU flash is great.
They removed the top-speed limiter and remapped the fuel injection, greatly improved and they were very pleasant on the phone, super-fast turnaround and I had the ECU back and in the bike in no time.

Archived