Graves Exhaust installed and Dyno Run

GoldenPenguin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing this post too late. Graves told me there were centerstand issues so I went with an Arrow system I'm real happy with the Arrow but wanted the Graves.

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Installed the Graves setup on my 2015 this morning. I did have to use the washer spacing trick, and found it easier to use a little longer bolt than the supplied one because with the extra washers it was hard to get it all together.

Just took it for a little test ride. Baffle in, this thing is pretty loud, borderline obnoxious. It does feel like it picked up some midrange ponies along with the top end ones, and the midrange stuff will be a lot more useful to me.

Looks great, nice workmanship on everything, and I was able to BUY AMERICAN, which doesn't happen often these days.

graves-exhaust-3.jpg

Installed the Graves setup on my 2015 this morning. I did have to use the washer spacing trick, and found it easier to use a little longer bolt than the supplied one because with the extra washers it was hard to get it all together. 
Just took it for a little test ride. Baffle in, this thing is pretty loud, borderline obnoxious. It does feel like it picked up some midrange ponies along with the top end ones, and the midrange stuff will be a lot more useful to me.

Looks great, nice workmanship on everything, and I was able to BUY AMERICAN, which doesn't happen often these days.

Looks good! You even have the new logo on it too. The next step is the flash. It will completely open it up. 

• Premium Member
Beautiful pipe. I hope it is not too loud for you. I happen to like it louder, but to each his/her own.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Beautiful pipe. I hope it is not too loud for you. I happen to like it louder, but to each his/her own.
I actually like the sound.  But I don't like to draw attention from the cops, and I am a little worried it will do that.  Of course the volume is governed by the twist grip and gear chosen at any given moment, so I can modulate it some.  It is sure nowhere near the volume of your average HD, but cops seem to ignore loud HDs like it is a law of physics that they have to be loud.

I suppose if I were to get cited for it, it is not that big a deal to switch back to stock.  More likely if I behave myself in towns and don't let 'er rip until I am out in the boonies, I'll be OK.  My KTM 690 was pretty loud, and I had an Akrapovic CF system on my V-Strom and never got hassled about those.

I think mostly it was the shock of the contrast between the very very quiet stocker and the Graves when I first fired it up.  I'll get used to it.

• Premium Member
I actually like the sound.   I'll get used to it.
Good, because I would have to take it off your hands and put it on my bike. wings_zpsszsdvz9g.gif I have a modified stock exhaust with the Graves tune (I used the flashtune software and hardware to install it myself), and I like that tune.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 2 weeks later...
Been debating on whether or not to get a full exhaust system. Obviously, Akrapovic is always a contender but I am have some interest in the Graves. That said, I'm not sure if I like the look of the Carbon can. Wish they did full on titanium. Akrapovic isn't bad at all though they seem to be quite a bit heavier as it isn't full titanium.

• Premium Member
Been debating on whether or not to get a full exhaust system. Obviously, Akrapovic is always a contender but I am have some interest in the Graves. That said, I'm not sure if I like the look of the Carbon can. Wish they did full on titanium. Akrapovic isn't bad at all though they seem to be quite a bit heavier as it isn't full titanium.
I went with the Graves over the Akrapovic for several reasons: 
1) made in USA.  Like to Buy American when I can
2) I think the Akrapovik is ugly with the three outlets
3) Graves is lighter because of the TI headers and CF can

I am an Akrapovic fan (have one on my KTM 350 EXC-F and had one on my Suzuki V-Strom 650) but I think they missed it on the FJ-09.

Archived