Graves Exhaust installed and Dyno Run

GoldenPenguin

Have any of you with fitment issues installed an aftermarket shock? I wonder if a longer shock might hold the swingarm in a lower position.
I do not have an aftermarket shock, so I can't say how it would affect the swingarm position... but I will say that if my swingarm were any lower it would almost certainly cause clearance issues with my Graves muffler.  Perhaps you'd want to go with the Akra system, so you wouldn't have to worry about it?

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20170510_084159.jpg

20170509_182156-1.jpg

20170510_084438_Burst01.jpg

20170510_084530.jpg
This same exhaust has a custom tune available and ready when using Woolich Racing kit or with FlashTune via 2WDW... 120whp(Woolich kit) with baffle in ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• 2 weeks later...
A word of warning to FJ-09 owners considering the Graves Titanium/Carbon Fiber full exhaust: 
I had considerable clearance issues with the swingarm and center stand. I couldn't use the 'extra washer' trick because it caused the muffler to contact the swingarm at full drop. Also, I had to remove a pretty good amount of material from the upper center stand bracket as well as the perch that holds the rubber grommet/stopper on the center stand.

I know that other FJ riders have had no issues with clearances on this exhaust system, and some have simply had to add washers between the bracket and the muffler strap, but I was not so lucky... so your experience may vary. The exhaust system is gorgeous, the craftsmanship is exceptional, the sound is great, and the weight reduction is phenomenal... but I can't help but feel frustrated with fitment/alignment issues like this on an $1100+ exhaust...
How much less does the Graves weigh than stock?
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

Capture_2017-05-27-00-59-59.png
Ouch! For every 10dba jump, the perceived sound level to the human ear doubles...
True..the Graves w/baffle in is not much louder than stock @5k rpms, unless your favorite shift point is at 9k rpms ?... yes I do have some $6k battery powered ear plugs ?... And to me. Ai noticed when I use my Givi barndoor windshield, it really amplifies the exhaust sounds time due to the phenomenal wind blocking it does than the stock windshield...

• 8 months later...
Yamaha_FJ-09_Woolich_tune_with_Graves_exhaust.png

hehehe finally got my dyno graph ..

119whp and 65tq... 

this is tuned by 2wdw using Woolich Racing software instead of the normal tuning software... it runs so good it loves to spit a purrty blue flame each time you upshift using the QS ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone near Portland OR have the Graves with the baffle installed? I would love to hear on "in the flesh" before pulling the trigger on this purchase.

2WDW may still have the "shop" FZ-09 w/Graves Exhaust installed... thats what they used to tune my ECU with Woolich Racing...

• 1 month later...
Got my Graves installed tonight. FWIW I didn't have to get fancy with washers or anything, it bolted right up with some careful alignment and working from rear to front when tightening. It ended up in the best spot possible, but I still decided to grind a small amount on the support to give a smidge extra clearance. Removing the old system was a piece of cake aside from having to get the system just-so and rotate to remove it without removing the center stand.

I'll post some pics and vids when I get the chance, overall I'm happy with the system. I've yet to get the bike tuned but will be contacting 2WDW soon enough.

Around town or working it through the gears, it sounds very nice. The tone is nice and deep, has a slight edge to it and overall makes the bike sing like it should. With the baffle still in, it's a bit on the loud side for just cruising the highway in my opinion, but not bad. I tried it for a bit with the baffle out, it's slightly louder and deeper and not worth leaving out unless you really want to be heard. I can understand why apparently the baffle doesn't effect the power, because it really isn't much of a restriction and it's hard to really call it a "baffle". I think I'll be going back to earplugs for longer rides because I had stopped using them when I got the Puig touring screen. For me, this is the biggest drawback of the system and I'm 32 years old and not normally shy from loud vehicles (my garage is full of them).

Quality of the system is awesome. I can't believe how nice the welds, pipes, mufflers, everything look. It was only 6.2lbs on my scale which is incredibly light. FWIW, the Akraopovic systems weigh 10-13 lbs depending on which one you get and don't come with titanium headers like the Graves. Factory is 18.5 lbs. Although the system is expensive, I think it's worth every penny when I take the quality into account.

Does it have more power? Maybe a smidge, but I think I won't notice much until I get the 2WDW tune. I ride the bike pretty hard and don't think it's any easier to loft the front wheel with midrange power, but the top end feels a touch stronger.

Overall, my opinion on the system:

Pros-
+ Amazing build and fitment, real titanium headers, carbon can drips quality
+ Incredibly light - only 6.2 lbs total and shaves over 12 lbs off the bike.
+ Looks like it belongs on the FJ, fits the lines well and tucks in nicely
+ Quality exhaust note with deep and throaty tone

Cons-
- Baffle design is the bare minimum to be considered a baffle. It doesn't effect the sound or volume much.
- Long distance rides now require ear plugs for me, and I would say it's borderline too loud to drive around my neighborhood.

Got my Graves installed tonight. FWIW I didn't have to get fancy with washers or anything, it bolted right up with some careful alignment and working from rear to front when tightening. It ended up in the best spot possible, but I still decided to grind a small amount on the support to give a smidge extra clearance. Removing the old system was a piece of cake aside from having to get the system just-so and rotate to remove it without removing the center stand. 
I'll post some pics and vids when I get the chance, overall I'm happy with the system. I've yet to get the bike tuned but will be contacting 2WDW soon enough.

Around town or working it through the gears, it sounds very nice. The tone is nice and deep, has a slight edge to it and overall makes the bike sing like it should. With the baffle still in, it's a bit on the loud side for just cruising the highway in my opinion, but not bad. I tried it for a bit with the baffle out, it's slightly louder and deeper and not worth leaving out unless you really want to be heard. I can understand why apparently the baffle doesn't effect the power, because it really isn't much of a restriction and it's hard to really call it a "baffle". I think I'll be going back to earplugs for longer rides because I had stopped using them when I got the Puig touring screen. For me, this is the biggest drawback of the system and I'm 32 years old and not normally shy from loud vehicles (my garage is full of them).

Quality of the system is awesome. I can't believe how nice the welds, pipes, mufflers, everything look. It was only 6.2lbs on my scale which is incredibly light. FWIW, the Akraopovic systems weigh 10-13 lbs depending on which one you get and don't come with titanium headers like the Graves. Factory is 18.5 lbs. Although the system is expensive, I think it's worth every penny when I take the quality into account.

Does it have more power? Maybe a smidge, but I think I won't notice much until I get the 2WDW tune. I ride the bike pretty hard and don't think it's any easier to loft the front wheel with midrange power, but the top end feels a touch stronger.

Overall, my opinion on the system:

Pros-
+ Amazing build and fitment, real titanium headers, carbon can drips quality
+ Incredibly light - only 6.2 lbs total and shaves over 12 lbs off the bike.
+ Looks like it belongs on the FJ, fits the lines well and tucks in nicely
+ Quality exhaust note with deep and throaty tone

Cons-
- Baffle design is the bare minimum to be considered a baffle. It doesn't effect the sound or volume much.
- Long distance rides now require ear plugs for me, and I would say it's borderline too loud to drive around my neighborhood.

nice write up... in case you didnt know 2WDW has multiple tuning software options available, I myself got mine tuned by 2WDW using Woolich Racing software( optional Race Kit available for purchase ?)... the bike just rips! cant complain when your the little ole CP3 puts down 120whp... the "baffle" actually makes a difference for me in terms of noise- w/o the Givi barn door windscreen the baffle stays out... when using the Givi barn door windscreen the baffle has to go back in- the windscreen seems to direct "sound" right back at rider...

nice write up... in case you didnt know 2WDW has multiple tuning software options available, I myself got mine tuned by 2WDW using Woolich Racing software( optional Race Kit available for purchase ?)... the bike just rips! cant complain when your the little ole CP3 puts down 120whp... the "baffle" actually makes a difference for me in terms of noise- w/o the Givi barn door windscreen the baffle stays out... when using the Givi barn door windscreen the baffle has to go back in- the windscreen seems to direct "sound" right back at rider...
Thanks for the heads up, will definitely ask about the different tunes. Have you done the APS adjustment or is the 2WDW tune enough to smooth the throttle? Do you have to buy the quickshifter kit and do at the same time as the ECU or can you get the tune for it and just plug in quickshifter after?

Can't wait to take the bike for another rip with the new exhaust today, I'll get it cleaned up and take some pics.

Thanks for the heads up, will definitely ask about the different tunes. Have you done the APS adjustment or is the 2WDW tune enough to smooth the throttle? Do you have to buy the quickshifter kit and do at the same time as the ECU or can you get the tune for it and just plug in quickshifter after? 
Can't wait to take the bike for another rip with the new exhaust today, I'll get it cleaned up and take some pics.
I have a 2015, so I did the APS adjustment when I had the stock exhaust for a few miles... as for the race kit ( quickshifter, etc) it probably can be added at a later date but the software has an on/off option for the race kit- The race kit has a " ECU bin file key" that unlocks the Race Kit features in software... the Race Kit bin file key is sent to you or tuner WoolichRacing account when you purchase the race kit... I had Woolich send the ECU keys to 2WDW... 

Archived