new clutch and brake levers...

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Following a lead here I ordered a new pair of short levers from Mad Hornets. Arrived within a little over two weeks of ordering, from Hong Kong. I wanted them because my hands, although perfectly formed, are on the smaller or more petite size and the non-adjustable OE clutch lever could have suited me better.
These new ones are excellent value at $AUD51 delivered: very solidly made and nicely finished, quite a bit heavier than the OE units, and the gold finish nicely complements the front forks.   The six (6) position adjustment is excellent, and makes such a difference.  [em]Recommended...[/em]
L of S
http://i.imgur.com/1k4aRMp.jpg

Please let us know how these hold up.

I ordered a pair of these (different seller but identical appearance) for my last bike (FZ6) and the anodizing faded within 2 months. They were replaced foc by the seller but the replacements did exactly the same.

Would be good to know if they've updated the anodizing to last before deciding whether to get coloured ones.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Please let us know how these hold up. 
I ordered a pair of these (different seller but identical appearance) for my last bike (FZ6) and the anodizing faded within 2 months. They were replaced foc by the seller but the replacements did exactly the same.

Would be good to know if they've updated the anodizing to last before deciding whether to get coloured ones.
Good point, liamd.   I have heard/ read that cheaper anodizing can do this, but I'd think it might be more due to abrading from the gloves worn rather than merely fading.   I have some thin transparent self-adhesive film.   I'll try cutting a few narrow strips and applying these - say two or three layers - to the front of each lever where the gloves will be in frequent and maybe quite firm contact.   This will be quite invisible, and if there [em]is[/em] a tendency to wear, might delay it.   Otherwise, I'll just have to put it down to honourable wear and tear, rather like the tiny cracks in a favourite and well-worn pair of shoes.
Incidentally, the OE levers that I took now off resemble something made in a third world country in comparison to the nicely-engineered new items...  
I will certainly post if anything untoward happens.   Thanks for your thoughts.
L of S

Archived