Parabellum Touring Windshield.. Pics and Review

themilkman

Got my Parabellum Touring Windshield and Flyscreen the other day. Installed the Touring shield first, since it seems to have the most questions revolving around it. I know the Flyscreen will work and will look better than hacking my stock screen down, which I was about to do. I am 6' tall and about a 32 inseam. I ride with the seat in the highest position and disliked the stock screen immediately. Preferred it in the lowest position, but anything above much above 65mph I couldn't hold my head in one spot. So onto the Parabellum shield. I elected the Tall shield since there is always the option to have it cut down. Quality and customer service are top notch. The install is pretty straight forward, but it did definitely help to have an extra pair of hands. 

First step (after removing you stock junk) is to replace the stock rubber bumpers with the supplied larger ones to tilt the screen further forward. In the picture you can see the large provided bumper in the closest hole and the stock one still in on the further side. 
20150701_131501_zpshw0or2bb.jpg

Next install the bolts thru the windshield and fit up the washers.
20150701_131932_zpswcna34ar.jpg

The hardest part from here (where the extra set of hands comes in handy ;)) is fitting the spacers between the windshield and the factory rubber mounting nuts while putting the shield on. I put all four bolts thru, then put on all four spacers on and worked the shield on with letting the spacers fall off before i could get the bolt started. Once you get everything all snugged up cap it up with the black caps
20150701_132641_zpsi6euz1kh.jpg

Checked the fitment and realized one of my hand guards was a little higher than the other. Lowered it down and I have about 1/2" clearance on both sides. 

Here are some pictures of it mounted up and in the tallest setting. 
20150704_080041_zpsviycej9l.jpg
20150704_080133_zpsnhbroh25.jpg
20150704_080103_zpswaxcfymi.jpg
20150704_080247_zpsz9vsooen.jpg
20150704_080405_zpsee5k57lj.jpg
2015-07-04%2014.03.33_zpsedn1vcvs.jpg

Impressions- Massive improvement!!! I enjoy riding with sunglasses and visor open (my helmet, HJC CL17, is actually quieter in this configuration lol) and now I can comfortably. I've liked it in the highest position the most. Sitting straight up, the shield comes into view approximately 15-20ft in front of the bike and below. I ride close to the tank and at 65mph the wind is right over the top of the helmet. Very light buffeting (if you even wanna call it that) and a little hunch down and it's all smooth. If you're any shorter or have the seat in the lower position you might not even feel it. I think this is a design flaw in the factory mount once you put a bigger screen on.  I took this up to 100mph (you can see the shield pushing back into the bigger rubber bumpers lol) and was extremely comfortable.  Overall I call it a WIN and recommend it 100%. Going on vacation for a few weeks, but when I get back I'm gonna put a lot of miles on and I'll report back. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I also went with the Parabellum combo pack. 24" touring and flyscreen. I have never had a touring screen (since I have always had sportbikes) and it was quite a shock.
91F day when I tested it and I was so hot. No air through my jacket at all. just got the parts in yesterday, so very brief testing. I may end up cutting the big screen up a bit - but only after some longer rides to get a better sense of the scree.

I am very impressed with the quality and the service from Parabellum. Highly recommended.

Cheers
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Milkman, How is the top of shield in relation to your eyes? Are you looking over the top or through the screen? I'm similar in height.

Sitting completely upright with the screen in the highest position I am still looking over the top of the screen. The screen comes into view approximately 15ft in front of the bike and below.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a couple hundred miles on my new screen now, this thing is fantastic. Today I rode 80 miles with just my old half helmet from my cruiser and earbuds and it was completely comfortable! I'm 6'3" and if I sit up real straight I get some slight buffeting over the top of my head but it's not bad, if i slightly slouch it's very calm. I highly recommend this windshield. My only concern is that with how high it is and how little there is for a mounting bracket if that would take a toll in the wind over time, but I'm sure it'll be ok.

• Premium Member
@themilkman:  What was the time frame for Parabellum to ship out your new Windshield?  My order is still in waiting to ship category, was ordered on the 23rd.  I have a longer ride coming up and would like to have it installed before I depart.

@themilkman:  What was the time frame for Parabellum to ship out your new Windshield?  My order is still in waiting to ship category, was ordered on the 23rd.  I have a longer ride coming up and would like to have it installed before I depart. 

Probably about a week

Archived