Parabellum Touring Windshield.. Pics and Review

themilkman

Well, was very happy to receive my 24" Parabellum touring screen today, couldn't wait to get home and install it.
All the bumpers, washer, bolts and caps came in the kit.

It fit perfectly and doesn't hit the hand guards at all!!! :)  which was a pleasant surprise considering a lot of you have experienced issues with this.

My screen is set in the high position and I am looking forward to testing it out on the weekend and not being buffeted like a hockey puck and splattered by bugs on my visor.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, helped me make my decision.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
Has anybody gotten the tinted version of any of these screens? Got any pics?

Has anybody bought the small touring version?

I am 5' 9.5" tall with a 30" inseam. I am guessing the 24" is probably a safe bet for me?
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just installed the new 26” Parabellum windshield. I will let you all know how it works.

Update:  Been using the 26" screen for a few months now.  It works great for blocking wind.  It does cause a bit more drag at speed, but not bad. I like how the screen works in cooler weather to keep me warm.  I have done a few rides in the heat and the screen does block the cooling air.  I tend to open my jacket up and the sleeve openings too.  It gives me more cooling airflow.  I also run with the helmet visor up for more cooling.

I may try a shorter Parabellum for summer riding.  The 26" works better for typical cooler Seattle days, but for hot days, I want a smaller screen for more airflow.  Buffeting at speed is still an issue, especially right behind large trucks on the freeway.  It seems way worse than a sportbike (as I remember).  Hand guards may be adding to this, not sure.

Archived