Parabellum Touring Windshield.. Pics and Review

themilkman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
A quick update on the Parabellum windshields....  I ordered the Medium 24" screen and the Flyscreen.  I have been riding the Medium now for about 3 weeks and am impressed by the wind reduction and the buffeting (or lack there of it).  I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam.   Yesterday I went for a ride and ended up changing my screen when I returned home.  I was dying of heat... started the ride out at 65 degrees and it seemed fine.  By the time I finished my ride, it was 80 degrees and the medium screen was blocking everything including what little breeze I had.  I ended up overheating and started to feel sick.  Even with my jacket unzipped and every vent opened I was still overheating.  I could see the medium on a bike back East, but not in SoCal.  I ended up putting the flyscreen on my bike.  I am very impressed with this little screen.  It looks great on the bike and preforms just as well.  Clean air at the helmet, which is actually pretty quiet.  No buffeting at all.  Plenty of air on the neck and head.  All my vents in my helmet starting working again!!!

Once again... for you So Cal people... the flyscreen is all you need.  Way better then the stock screen.  It is amazing how clean the air is!

Hope this helps!

Mike

4189092.jpg  

4189088.jpg

4189089.jpg

4189093.jpg

Could you please say more about the Flyscreen: how is it better; worse; or perhaps the same as the stock screen?  Other than the increased width down low, it doesn't obviously appear as if it would be better at the chest or helmet area.

I've thus far only made a modest effort to modify the stock windscreen experience: I added an MRA X-Creen Sport Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade ...

This pushed most (80%) of the turbulent area up above my helmet while still leaving some (20% IMO).  I lower the screen from top position to the lower position when Canyon Riding and like the increased visibility (looking over screen instead of thru a piece) when my riding attitude is a bit lower.

I don't like the added vibration sway the extra piece brings on.  Not so happy with the look either.

Still shopping for a better answer, yet I do live in California and want to be set to handle heat with lots of (hopefully smooth) air flow... 

2 notes on the 26" screen. 1) the bike has noticeably more drag. Fuel economy drops a bit and the bike definitely works harder to stay at interstate speeds. 2) there is a huge difference vs stock on the amount of wind blocked. This is a great winter windscreen....
Riding in rain, it was about 20 minutes before I started getting wet... No rain gear on, outside of sleeves and legs a little damp but I was mostly dry, impressed!

• 1 month later...
I also hav a Parrabellun and like the wind protection. I am getting a lot of front end noise that improves if I duck behind the screen or run at 60 plus mph.
Anyone else have this problem? I'm 6ft with 33-34 inseam and ride with face guard up looking over the 26 inch screen.

The Parabellum kit looks to be very nice indeed. And your bike looks great, good job! I replaced the stock tall windscreen (talk about buffeting - YOWZA!! - with a 22" (their Medium) Madstad and couldn't be happier. He has successfully tamed the flow of the air by using the science of aerodynamics. I'm getting *significant* reduction in buffeting and wind noise and a very nice, smooth flow of air that is just a smidge above the top of my helmet. It is soooo nice to ride, even at very elevated speeds, in a still pocket of air, thus making the ride ever so much more pleasant.

And it looks like you've achieved the same with the Parabellum - good on ya!

I'm glad I went with the Medium (22") Madstad screen, much less of a barn door slicing thru the wind.  I can feel just a wee bit of a drop off in acceleration at higher speeds (85mph+), but I have overcome that by adding power - Arrow exhaust, ECU flash - so that I'm pretty sure I could easily keep up in a drag race or roll on contest against someone who has no screen at all.  And, let's face it, if you live near *any* metropolitan area, you won't have many opportunities to go more than 85 mph anyway...

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
OK, so I've decided to purchase a Parabellum 24" touring screen, only thing is, I can't seem to get them to advise how much the shipping is to Australia.
Has anyone from Oz on here bought one?

I've sent them a couple of emails now and haven't had replies.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• Premium Member
OK, so I've decided to purchase a Parabellum 24" touring screen, only thing is, I can't seem to get them to advise how much the shipping is to Australia. Has anyone from Oz on here bought one?

Thanks.

.....change your decision and buy a Madstad instead.... 

OK, so I've decided to purchase a Parabellum 24" touring screen, only thing is, I can't seem to get them to advise how much the shipping is to Australia. Has anyone from Oz on here bought one?

Thanks.

.....change your decision and buy a Madstad instead....
... or a V-stream - three different heights to choose from. [em]Wordsmith[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Thanks guys. Parabellum got back to me today, so at least now we have the line of communication open.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

i bought the medium. there is a huge improvement in wind noise and buffeting, but it's still present. I tried adjusting the heights but it made minimal difference....d@mn. would i use it over stock, yes i would. does its performance justify the 350 dollar price tag to get it to my door....not so much.

Also my freaking handguards touch the screen at full lock and is very annoying so i will have to trim the screen or remove the handguards.

My hand guards also hit the screen. I wrote them as they had guaranteed they wouldn't and said I should send it back and they would trim. I did not take them up on the offer as it will only add more cost to me...Write them back and let them know you are running into this issue so they realize their design needs some tweaking! 

Archived