Slo-mo drop

I was adding some reflective tape on my side bags and decided to move the bike a few feet forward into the shade. After moving the bike and swearing the side stand was in the fully locked position I let go of the bike and turned around to move my supplies. Well it apparently wasn't in the fully locked position and out of the corner of my eye I saw it was going down. I managed to grab it and ease it to the ground. I was lucky no damage at all. At least I got to see how hard it is to pick up, not hard at all, easier than my V-strom I used to own.

• Premium Member
Big or little V-Strom?  I have both, and over four years of riding them (pavement only), I never dropped the Wee, but the 1000... Four times!!! (All @ 0 MPH)  Needed help to pick it up every time.  That's one of the reasons I decided to go on a weight-reduction program, and get the FJ which is lighter and more agile than the Wee, and WAY faster and more fun to ride than the Vee!  So, once I sell those two, it will be about a 530 lb. weight reduction, and a 462 lb.  increase in FUN!  Yee-Haaa!!! :D

I've also had the same problem. Both times while on it and at zero miles an hour. I was able to gently lay it down and only damaged wad the plastic hand guard in thr side. Ironically, I'm typing this as I'm having the factory lowering links installed because my height was the issue each of the two times.

I had the little V-strom, great bike. I went down with it in a parking lot making a sharp turn, I thought I was in 1st and really was in 2nd. Was barely moving and the engine locked up and down I went.

Archived