CalSci shorty reviewed

I received the CalSci smoked shorty from @cthruu today and mounted it. Just in case anyone asks, the windshield screws are M5x.80. I had to buy longer ones @ Ace. 
I'm 6'4" with a 33" inseam and long torso, the shorty works best in traffic in the upper position for me by putting my head in the air like I was on a naked bike. On the highway in the high setting, there is no buffeting from tractor trailers. In the low position the air is a little more turbulence when passing them, but is smoother and quieter when on a back road with no tractor trailers. I will just move it up and down for the occasions I have to travel the interstate. It works much better for me than the Ermax Sport Touring, not that the Ermax is a bad screen, it just doesn't work for me because of my height. I will put a few hundred miles in this weekend and most likely put the Ermax up for sale for a smoking deal for someone.

I like mine, it seems to direct wind mid to upper helmet on my 6' self, I am done on the windscreen search.
The screw kit and mounting buttons worked perfectly on my install. The Cal-sci site has bad pictures of the device, search a bit and there are better examples here if needed.

The title of the thread is "CalSci shorty reviewed", not CalSci Shorty reviewed with pictures. Pictures have been on the forum since January.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FJ-09prod.html

http://fj-09.org/post/1901/thread
We still like to see pictures with reviews. Sometimes its at a different angle and gives a better idea of what it actually looks like.

Imagine all of the motorcycle.com reviews WITHOUT pictures or videos. Boring!

You do! I just ordered another rear, I have one more trip left in this rear. I ride Skyway/Dragon every Saturday or Sunday and it's about 350-375 round trip depending on the back roads. I only have 2200 miles on them, I got better milage out of them on all my other bikes though. I may try a set of PP3's next set, I would get about 3k out of them on the FZ1.

I ride Skyway/Dragon every Saturday or Sunday and it's about 350-375 round trip depending on the back roads. 
Nice neighborhood to be forced to ride in....I hate you, the screen looks great in it's native environment.  I dig mine. PP3's slated for my next change also.  

I'll have my tinted shorty next week I can't wait to try it out. Right now with the stock windshield all the way down the wind hits my helmet right in the front vent making a lot of wind noise. When I sit up tall it goes away so the shorty should do the trick

Put mine on last night and rode 12 miles to work today. I love it! I feel more of the wind on and my helmet is much quieter. I was catching air from the stock windshield in the front vents and it was loud on the highway. This definitely won't be a cold weather windscreen so I may order a tall one once it stars getting cooler out. Also I thought it was pretty cool that they sent a microfiber towel, a little bottle of cleaner and a tire pressure gauge too.
6DB82F78-E704-4E16-9405-5EAFE033CC2C_zps8iqxuphd.jpg

Archived