Deflector: MRA X-Creen Sport

filo79

81fWq3z35BL._SX425_.jpg

Received in 2 days from an italian dealer (Bricomoto), fast delivery, perfect packaging, good price.

The included set allows to attach it by clamps or by fixed mounting plates (need to drill 4 holes in windscreen, in the package you can find a "ruler" to identify the holes positions).

Mounting is easy, but it's better to follow an online video tutorial.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFjVMWMFSEc]

The clamps are strong, heavy and they attach to the curved standard plexy with no issues, 4 micro allen bolts to tight up and the XCreen becomes impossible to remove.

I'm 183cm, i'm using a Shark Speed-R helmet (which is not a silence champion) and i suffer from a LOT of noise coming from wind turbulences; i've seen that if i lay down under the screen or i stand up on the pegs, the noise disappears.

This is what it was BEFORE and it's why i was searching for a better screen (i was thinking about buying a small Sport screen, bigger screens like Ermax touring seems to be not the perfect definitive choice).

Quick report after 12km home to office.... it works !

I've put it parallel to the original Yamaha screen and little by little raised it up...good! No more buffeting, no more wind "roaring" ... it's not 100% silenced , but from 80 to 140kmh, it's a new world ! 

I'll make some photos when i can!

PS. sorry for my english guys!

bfa468420683372.jpg a355b0420683380.jpg 813246420683391.jpg d2359d420683401.jpg c7c9d3420683413.jpg cdbd07420683425.jpg 3b9b7a420683449.jpg 701215420683460.jpg

81fWq3z35BL._SX425_.jpg

Received in 2 days from an italian dealer (Bricomoto), fast delivery, perfect packaging, good price.

The included set allows to attach it by clamps or by fixed mounting plates (need to drill 4 holes in windscreen, in the package you can find a "ruler" to identify the holes positions).

Mounting is easy, but it's better to follow an online video tutorial.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFjVMWMFSEc]

The clamps are strong, heavy and they attach to the curved standard plexy with no issues, 4 micro allen bolts to tight up and the XCreen becomes impossible to remove.

I'm 183cm, i'm using a Shark Speed-R helmet (which is not a silence champion) and i suffer from a LOT of noise coming from wind turbulences; i've seen that if i lay down under the screen or i stand up on the pegs, the noise disappears.

This is what it was BEFORE and it's why i was searching for a better screen (i was thinking about buying a small Sport screen, bigger screens like Ermax touring seems to be not the perfect definitive choice).

Quick report after 12km home to office.... it works !

I've put it parallel to the original Yamaha screen and little by little raised it up...good! No more buffeting, no more wind "roaring" ... it's not 100% silenced , but from 80 to 140kmh, it's a new world ! 

I'll make some photos when i can!

PS. sorry for my english guys!

bfa468420683372.jpg a355b0420683380.jpg 813246420683391.jpg d2359d420683401.jpg c7c9d3420683413.jpg cdbd07420683425.jpg 3b9b7a420683449.jpg 701215420683460.jpg
filo79 - Good on you!  I tried the X-Creen a couple of months ago and did not see a great improvement.  Better, yes.  But not by nearly enough.  I tried many different angles with the best at a similar angle that you show.  The only difference I can determine is that you have the X-Creen further from the main screen (larger gap).  I ultimately took off the main screen and just use the X-Creen by itself.  Still not what I'm after.  May have to retry the original, but allowing a larger gap like you.  I'm 6' (~183cm) and 33"(~84cm) inseam.  How does that compare with you?

By the way, I'm jealous of your blue.  Yamaha doesn't offer that choice in the States.W4KrirT.jpg

Wow, it makes a HUGE difference. I bought one after reading your review, it was kinda expensive but worth it.

I rode around for an hour testing positions and ended up the same place as you. I get a nice bubble and clean air hits the top of my helmet. I can ride at 75mph and higher in comfort, no helmet buffeting (was minor before) and wind noise is cut down by quite a bit. I was testing it without earplugs and my ears didn't feel like they were going to bleed haha. Before the wind hit right at eye level but I can have the visor up on the highway now if I wanted.

I'm 6'.
After a 240km trip (some highways, mountain roads, city roads and even some gravel too), i can say that IT WORKS (for me) !
It's quite scary looking at the original shield shaking hard at high speeds (130-140kmh) , it's even more if you have some veichles in front that causes bad air flux, i want to study a couple of brackets to fix the screen.

I'M 6'3" but with 36" inseam probably sit more like 6' when I'm in saddle. Saddle is in high position. I installed MRA Xscreen sport I had left over from my previous ride on the stock screen in the low position. I had found that low position worked best at leaving my head in clean air w/ less buffeting and noise to begin with. After adding Xscreen things were improved substantially. I agree with filo79, IT WORKS. Buffeting and noise/roar were reduced 70-80%. Things just smoothed out and quieted down noticeably. I wear a Shoei RF1100 with earplugs and find this combination extremely quiet to begin with. Xscreen well worth the money IF it works for YOU. I believe buffeting is screen related while noise/roar is more helmet/earplug related. Your results may differ.  I went with CalSci tall for ultimate protection but will probably go back to stock screen w/ MRA Xscreen when heat/humidity go up later this summer.

I installed my X-creen last night and have had similar results to you guys here. The difference is comparable to driving a car with the window cracked on the freeway, instead of all the way down. I'm definitely enjoying the improvement on my 45 mile commute. One unexpected outcome of the upgrade was my helmet visor got really foggy because the air was not flowing through the chin vent.

It would be nice to give the stock screen more stability. Let me know what kind of bracket you rig up @filo79. Hopefully this deflector screen won't stress the OEM windscreen too much.

• Premium Member
I installed my X-creen last night and have had similar results to you guys here. The difference is comparable to driving a car with the window cracked on the freeway, instead of all the way down. I'm definitely enjoying the improvement on my 45 mile commute. One unexpected outcome of the upgrade was my helmet visor got really foggy because the air was not flowing through the chin vent. 
It would be nice to give the stock screen more stability. Let me know what kind of bracket you rig up @filo79. Hopefully this deflector screen won't stress the OEM windscreen too much.

I wondered if the Puig spoiler on my screen would cause undue stress due to the flexing. So far, which includes over 2000 miles most of which were at silly speeds in France, there is no sign of stress - I wondered if there would be some star stress marks around the 4 screws at the base of the screen.

I did fit a couple of foam bumpers, about 1cm thick on the top supports.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I wondered if the Puig spoiler on my screen would cause undue stress due to the flexing. So far, which includes over 2000 miles most of which were at silly speeds in France, there is no sign of stress - I wondered if there would be some star stress marks around the 4 screws at the base of the screen. 
I did fit a couple of foam bumpers, about 1cm thick on the top supports.

I would like to come up with a way to stiffen the screen some with the spoiler on there... it weighs more than I thought it would and there's definitely some flexing. Was contemplating coming up with a way to extend the top supports upwards, but haven't bothered going to the hardware store yet to mill around. Maybe tomorrow. :)
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

Archived