New FJ Picked up in Long Beach

fj09david

Just picked up the FJ last night and loving every second of it so far.  Fantastic bike with great handling characteristics.

Cant wait to get it out into some canyons to see what it can really do.

Looking forward to reading information from the guys that have been experimenting with the bike so far and what can be done with it.

Located in Long Beach, CA

David

Guest eatpasta
Just picked up the FJ last night and loving every second of it so far.  Fantastic bike with great handling characteristics. 
Cant wait to get it out into some canyons to see what it can really do.

Looking forward to reading information from the guys that have been experimenting with the bike so far and what can be done with it.

Located in Long Beach, CA

David
Tell me if you're ever up in LA proper! 

I go out riding in the malibu mountains quite regularly on the weekends.  Another favorite is the aszusa/glendora area.  Let me know if you are ever in the mood for a ride on the weekends.  I am always looking for people to ride with that might know of some fun roads i havent found yet on my own.

Guest eatpasta
I go out riding in the malibu mountains quite regularly on the weekends.  Another favorite is the aszusa/glendora area.  Let me know if you are ever in the mood for a ride on the weekends.  I am always looking for people to ride with that might know of some fun roads i havent found yet on my own.
unfortunately because I live in SB and work in LA, weekend rides for me are out.... BUT.... I do leave work at 3pm on friday and always hit some of the canyons on the way out of town and in dying to see one of these FJ's off the showroom floor..... so if you ever have a free friday.... 

• Premium Member
I hate Malibu do to the revenue enhancers and bicycles that ride two to three abreast, but the roads are second to none. I ride Little T, Bouquet Canyon, Angeles Forrest, 9 mile, and hiway 2 (the crest). I also love Cerro Noreste out of Frazier Park to hwy 33. I try to ride every weekend, and now that my wife broke her leg on her dirtbike, I am always looking for riders. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
I hate Malibu do to the revenue enhancers and bicycles that ride two to three abreast, but the roads are second to none. I ride Little T, Bouquet Canyon, Angeles Forrest, 9 mile, and hiway 2 (the crest). I also love Cerro Noreste out of Frazier Park to hwy 33. I try to ride every weekend, and now that my wife broke her leg on her dirtbike, I am always looking for riders.
I wont ride Angeles Crest / Angeles Forst anymore.  I know too many people that have been hit or died - some of which were on weekdays (!) 
   A buddy of mine from ADV's wife was hit head on by a sport bike at over 100 mph.  The kid had no license, no ins and it wasnt his bike.  He passed away from the impact and my buddies wife earned a Helo ride.
   This is what her Beemer looked like afterward

[video src=http://youtu.be/cfupp4qzed8]

after getting out of the hospital, she went straight down to the dealer and got a new GS.  THAT girl has some backbone....

either way I strongly urge people to not ride up there.  So much so that I had a diatribe posted in Motorcyclist about it once.   Amazing faking road but just not worth it

I have also heard of some pretty gruesome stuff happening on ACH/AFH. I generally only ride those to get to other roads like 9 Mile which is one of my favorite roads to run. I like lockewood valley to 33/150 out to ojai. Might take me some time to get back there as last time i ran it i ended up washing out on some gravel and sent myself to the hospital and the bike to an early retirement.

• Premium Member
I wont ride Angeles Crest / Angeles Forst anymore.  I know too many people that have been hit or died - some of which were on weekdays (!) 

In the warmer months, we ride after work every Thursday and boy do I love those roads. No one up there then, but I do understand the other issues. I also got a nice ticket up there on my R1 once, so I rarely ride on weekends there.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I have also heard of some pretty gruesome stuff happening on ACH/AFH. I generally only ride those to get to other roads like 9 Mile which is one of my favorite roads to run. I like lockewood valley to 33/150 out to ojai. Might take me some time to get back there as last time i ran it i ended up washing out on some gravel and sent myself to the hospital and the bike to an early retirement.
We can do a Boccali's run one of these weekends. Love there italian food, but bring cash, cause they don't take American Express, or any other plastic.  
9 mile is definitely one of my favorites. Freshly paved and smooth. If you like high speed sweepers, this is the road for you.

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
Bastard CA riders and their year round riding season. 
;-)
yeah it sucks.  It costs us a fortune in tires and oil.... 
   I just had to order a new set of tires for the FJR as well as oil changing supplies.  But what are you gunna do?

high-five-biker-gif.gif

The FJ-09 has slightly stiffer springs, that's it.

Welcome! Look, the FZ-09 has a ton of parts and many are the same for the FJ-09. I own one and you guys wont beleive the new suspension system that will be available on this forum very soon.  

I'm looking forward to having options, but unlike the FZ-09, the suspension on the FJ-09 seems to be pretty well sorted out of the box. Still, suspension is always your best investment.

Guest eatpasta
am so jonesing for a ride, it's been since November. I fly for free, my daughter wrks for an airline. I should fly down, rent a bike and come ride with you some weekend.
Cmon down!  I can give you a pretty intimate guide to some of the best riding in the Hemisphere.... 
900_Img_8879_NacimientoHwy1.jpghttp:4986603305_cdbd2ce3b8_z.jpg

Archived