Ivan's Performance

doctore777

I tried calling Ivan's this morning to ask if they had or were working on an FJ-09 ECU flash since I've used his stuff on my last three FZ-01's.
I asked if they had a flash for the FJ-09 as they have now "perfected" the flash for the FZ-09...They were quite curt and basically told me no and hung up on me.
I understand they don't want to disclose what they are working on, etc. But now I will be crossing them off the list of vendors who get my money and I will be pursuing 2 Wheel Dynoworks for a flash to go along with my new Graves exhaust.
Just putting this out there so no one else gets hung up on!

Guest fzrcraig
Meh! Despite the fact that Ivan's provided a jet kit that made my carbureted R6 the best fueled bike I have ever owned, I would tend to do as you say and look to the company that has supported the FJ and this Forum for some time now.

Did you try shooting him a PM on FZ1OA? He always responds at the end of the day. To answer your question for you, he will let us know when it is ready.
I've used him for all my Yamaha stuff in the past too, but I will use 2wheel if his isn't ready by the end of this month when my exhaust gets here.

Meh! Despite the fact that Ivan's provided a jet kit that made my carbureted R6 the best fueled bike I have ever owned, I would tend to do as you say and look to the company that has supported the FJ and this Forum for some time now.

I'm sure that Ivan's is very good, they have a great rep, but consider this. The FJ-09 tune was first created by 2wheeldynoworks in conjunction with Flashtunes and I beleive a shop in Utah. MONTHS ago. This means they have had time to change and perfect it.

Every single tuner has to get their codes from Flashtune. Flashtune is the company that deciphers the computer codes from all the manufacturers. Then, they build the cables and put together a program to work with, and then tuners buy a license fee for ea bike that they flash.

There are a few shops who basically started ripping Flash Tunes off. They would buy one license, and then keep programming peoples bikes with that one license and essentially cutting Flashtunes out while using their cables and software. One guy is very popular for doing this on "other" forums. Because he wasn't paying license fee's to Flashtunes anymore, and using their software for free, he was able to charge a much lower price.

Ivan's Performance I believe is very good and in very good terms with Flashtunes.

But, 2Wheeldynoworks came up with the very first tune program for the FJ-09. They often are the first for every bike. And they do support this forum financially and with awesome tech knowledge.

Choose any tune you want, but take a minute and call Flashtunes and ask THEM who the best is.

Seriously, call the people who make the software and cables for ALL of the ecu tuners in the USA, Flashtunes and ask about 2wheeldynoworks or any other ECU tuner before buying. (888) 543-6302

There is a very good reason why @2wheeldynoworks was the very first to come up with the FJ-09 Flash months ago. Wait for someone else to come up with their first tune, or get the tune that has already been perfected many times over by Nels.

Yes, I'm biased, but I do my homework before choosing a supporting vendor. I don't go for the cheapest Vendors, I go for the very best vendors, for good reason.

FYI, I have turned 5 potential vendors away in less than a year.

I had a wonderful conversation with the gentlemen at 2 Wheel Dynoworks and will be pulling and shipping my ECU as soon as I get home tonight from the office.
Look forward to some wonderful results from some nice guys who took a moment to speak with me.
I am grateful they support the forum so I am happy to support their business.
As a 15 year member of the FZ1OA forum, I am sure Ivan would pm me back but after being hung up on, I'm moving on.
Keep everyone posted as to the expected results of ECU flash/Graves Exhaust!

I had a wonderful conversation with the gentlemen at 2 Wheel Dynoworks and will be pulling and shipping my ECU as soon as I get home tonight from the office. Look forward to some wonderful results from some nice guys who took a moment to speak with me.
I am grateful they support the forum so I am happy to support their business.
As a 15 year member of the FZ1OA forum, I am sure Ivan would pm me back but after being hung up on, I'm moving on.
Keep everyone posted as to the expected results of ECU flash/Graves Exhaust!

Great! Happy you were able to talk to Nels, he is a great guy and you wouldnt believe the hours he puts in to ensure that everyone get's their ECU's back quickly. I have emailed him at midnight and gotten a response back in five minutes, still up working..

Since the FZ10A forum has just gotten some pub here, please go back and tell those guys about this Forum!

Archived