Has anyone seen this top speed video?

Unless the dude put a pizza pan rear sprocket on without a speedohealer, this looks like the top speed of an unrestricted FJ-09. 229 KPH is about 142 MPH or so. Not too shabby if it's the real thing and it seems to be fairly stable when as far as Yamaha is concerned the bike is not at those speeds.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It should actually be about 160-165ish with a flashed ECU.
Not a chance. I have a Gen 2 FZ1 that makes 151 WHP and with optimal gearing it can only do 161 MPH. The FJ doesn't have anywhere near the aero or HP to go that fast. 

It should actually be about 160-165ish with a flashed ECU.
Not a chance. I have a Gen 2 FZ1 that makes 151 WHP and with optimal gearing it can only do 161 MPH. The FJ doesn't have anywhere near the aero or HP to go that fast. 
We have more than a handful of members reporting the same top speeds. 

Indicated.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

Indicated 160 is probably more like 145/150mph-ish in reality?
Yup, as the speedo is off by about 5%. So 145 maybe, on a good day, downhill, with a tailwind. :) The 229 kph in the video is about 217 actual, so about 134 mph. Completely believable based on hp, weight gearing and aerodynamics. (or lack thereof in the case of the FJ)

That's all fine and fancy, but that doesn't translate to real life when the bike has to push air out of the way.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

• Premium Member
I don't care what the exact top speed is. It is academic as the bike is not a pleasant place to be above an indicated 125mph.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

That's all fine and fancy, but that doesn't translate to real life when the bike has to push air out of the way.
Fair, but this is proof for all the people who think the engine doesn't "have enough in it" to hit those speeds. It's a true test that takes out the other variables such as wind speed, resistance, weight, air density, etc.  I'm sure if it was geared down it could go even faster.

• Premium Member
I felt proper uncomfortable at an indicated 134mph so good luck to anyone who fancies riding the Tracer in standard trim at 150mph
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived