Has anyone seen this top speed video?

no money to pay the police so they can cruise at any speed :)

I had my FZ6 up to 150 and was terrified. This bike will not be over 149.99 MPH. Nope, not ever.

Currently it stops at 114 which was pretty annoying.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I had my FZ6 up to 150 and was terrified. This bike will not be over 149.99 MPH. Nope, not ever.

Ya, that sucked. Mine after I flashed it will go a lot higher, but I only got up to 130 at the track which was fine. Rumor has it Ty can pass 114 now. wings_zpsszsdvz9g.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Ya, that sucked. Mine after I flashed it will go a lot higher, but I only got up to 130 at the track which was fine. Rumor has it Ty can pass 114 now. wings_zpsszsdvz9g.gif

Thx for the flash and help Lewis!!

thumbup111.gifridin.gifthumbup111.gif

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

I don't care what the exact top speed is. It is academic as the bike is not a pleasant place to be above an indicated 125mph.
Amen Brother. 

I have plenty of wide open I can lead you to in North Texas with no police or human interference, Ill be on the FJR with the GPS so bring your Go Pro.

I wish I had a vid of my uncontrollable and never ending sway while riding in Arkansas. Certain conditions at speed will put hair on your ass with this one.

No crosswind but Aero, look at the big holes in the fairing and the radiator angle..it takes weight off the front. Follow a fast buddy and get in his wake then back off, the wallow there concerns me. It may not happen for others, equipment and rider height varies. Its light and fun but (mine) has bad manners above 90 mph.

I think any modern bike should be stable up to 120 but I plain old fashion don't like triple digits on AdvTouring bikes. Set up feels all wrong to me. Now give me a ZX-14 or Busa and I have no problem playing that fast.

I never thought the fj09 was any part of an adv bike, handguards and long forks dont make it adventurous. See several oil pan threads.

I bought mine to replace the FJR and realize design and manufacturing differences, may have purchased the wrong tool for my needs but definitely expected more in the stability department. Im happy with it most of the time.
The adequate Versys 650 at the same rake/trail/weight never caused concern and the only limits to top speed were HP and wind load.

Hi there from Greece nice to meet you! This bike has speed limiter and rpm limiter. There are many profetionals that reflash the computer of the bike and swich off the speed limiter and with some other changes it can easy cach 270 kph ! i overcome the stability problems with andreani forks and ohlins rear suspention! The bike turns like train.... And finaly here in Greece we have finantial crysis ! the goverment trys to help the banks ! but the peole do not starv to death! we are not Iraq or afganistan, we are a proper european country ! so we can buy a cheap bike like Mt 09 tracer that costs 10000 euros... do not wach the news on TV they make money from teror .....

and another "top speed" video in somewhere too sunny - the show off should be arrested for blatant weather willy waving, to use some everyday British English vernacular. 
226kph is what I spotted - 140.4mph. In Greece it seems. Where did the rider get the euros to buy such a bike? I thought they are broke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhA1P7DmkUs&feature=share
I exchanged it with my kidney. Take your tracer out for a ride and stay away from the TV you will have more fun and more importantly you wont be brainwashed  ;)

but since you are interested no we are not broke, we just work longer hours for less pay. Unemployed people are the ones that suffer the most, and people who owe money to the banks from mortgages etc. Its actually not a subject to joke about since more than 4000 people have commited suicide and depression and psychological illnesess are on the rise. Also its not fun when orphanages and elder homes dont have heat and the kids are supported less. But anyway typical black english humor should not be bothered with these details :)

Seems I have started a flame war which I will not give any more oxygen. 
I'll just go pay some more income tax and VAT to go into the European Union coffers so the orphanages can be heated, as I'm generous like that.
Thank God u won't flame more ! I was so afraid what you would say if u did   :P

• 2 weeks later...
i dunno about this one... 140, sure...160? i dunno. i've done 189 on a bike before...and that was a 200hp s1000rr...even it was reaching it's upper limit. 160 on the mighty FJ seems slightly out of reach.

i dunno about this one... 140, sure...160? i dunno. i've done 189 on a bike before...and that was a 200hp s1000rr...even it was reaching it's upper limit. 160 on the mighty FJ seems slightly out of reach.
I agree.  Pretty damn hard to go that fast.  As good as the FJ is I don't think it has the power or aeros to get going that fast.  

Got the reflash. I'll be happy with the 25-30 mph over the limited speed! Pushed a 1968 Road Runner to 177, with a 700 hp motor. Don't know if I'm fit for 150+ on any bike. Older gent, ya know?
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Archived