Givi crash bars, anyone tried yet?

I actually like the looks of these crash bars over the others, especially the SW-motech. As far as effectiveness goes I'm not sure. If you do low side or drop the bike the top portion might bend into to the fender or the bottom might bend into the exhaust (it'd probably have to be a hard drop though).

Yea I've been doing research on Givi bars, from what I've read they aren't nearly as stout as the SW Motechs but for a street only bike it's plenty. Plus they are lighter and have the benefit of some case protection. From what I've read they will bend at the flat mounting points (not the round bars) in a hard impact.

I'm still on the fence on these and the SW's are finally back in stock at Revzilla.

Longer bolts and some spacers included, they fitted perfectly, no additional work other than bolting them.

They had a set on display, to show the strengths of the bars, you could hit them stand, jump and they didn't budge a millimeter.

Hey y'all. I'm not a current FJ owner, still riding my V STrom and WR250R but the V's head is on the chopping block... just need about 6 more payments and I can sell for under book value.

But I didnt come here to tell you my sad tale of woe from my lack of FJ, I came to talk about Givi. Yes Givi makes some nice looking stuff. They even make some good stuff. I have found that there protective items.... well... just dont protect that well. My bash plate on the V got chewed to bits in a couple months and I had to get another. Not a Givi though, I want this one to last. I have talked with other ADV'ers and they are not impressed with the engine guards.

Again, they make nice looking stuff and these may be good (good=strong) but if your seriously looking for protection and not adding bling... then thats my 2c.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Let us know how you like them, I ended up buying the Motech bars instead but I still like these. It's a street only bike and having case protection is nice, even if they aren't as sturdy as ADV only bars.

Archived