Dropped my bike... SW-Motech Crash Bars

Today was a day I almost cried... brand new bike and I dropped it backing out of the garage.  There was a slight slope and that made the difference considering my below average inseam.

Crash bars took most of the hit but the plastic on the hand guards are a little scuffed.  Crankcase cover is a little scratched.  And a little scratch on the passenger pegs.  

For anyone wondering if they need engine case covers with their SW Motech crash bars, the answer is a definite YES.

qhTIikC.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Need some of these bad boys! I highly recommend them. Looks like the crash bars were still pretty effective though!
Thought about it, but the left crankcase cover is only $82.  I'll just eventually change it out if i keep dropping it..
That is the info I needed, thanks for posting the price of a replacement cover. I have the SW crash bars also. 

• 3 weeks later...
That's a real shame why do manufacturers make crash bars that don't protect!  
I have fitted the givi crash bars they look like they may give more protection
Do the Givi's stick out further than the SW Motech? From the single photo of the Givi it doesn't look like they do. The Givi might protect the cover but perhaps allow damage to the tank? Can you lie your bike on the ground on both sides and take pics? :D 

• Premium Member
The slider combo from t-rex-racing.com contains two engine case sliders, as well as the frame, and both wheels. I installed the full combo on my FJ-09. The price is $290 for the whole set. Compare that to Yamaha's $275 for just the frame sliders. See http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=529 Ask for the FJ-09 set. It is the same as the FZ-09 except for the inscription on the frame sliders.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Guest captrob73
Welcome to the " I dropped my bike in the driveway club" which I'm a proud member of! I dropped my new SV1000 in the driveway when my pants got catch on the heal guard, luckily the bike fell on the leg and the only damage was a bent clutch lever.

• Premium Member
I dropped my bike Friday while rocking it off center stand. I have the SW crash bars and the RG Racing engine covers. Came away with a little skuff on the hand guards and a skuff through the paint on crash bars.

Archived