GPR damper setting questions:

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
1. What settings have you guys been using?
2. Is the zero position when the zero on the dial is at the farthest point from the rider (there is no pointer arrow, but that is where the numbers are most readable)?
3. Is there a way to turn off the damper? I find it too stiff even at "0".
4. Does the damper loosen up over time as mine is too stiff but seems to be loosening a tad?
5. Does the damper recycle it's settings as you turn from 20 back to 0, or do you need to screw it out multiple times to loosen it up?

Thanks

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

1. What settings have you guys been using? 2. Is the zero position when the zero on the dial is at the farthest point from the rider (there is no pointer arrow, but that is where the numbers are most readable)?
3. Is there a way to turn off the damper? I find it too stiff even at "0".
4. Does the damper loosen up over time as mine is too stiff but seems to be loosening a tad?
5. Does the damper recycle it's settings as you turn from 20 back to 0, or do you need to screw it out multiple times to loosen it up?

Thanks

1) I set mine at 10 with no load and at 12 with a load.
2) 0 is at 12 oclock
3) No 0 is turning it off
4) No sure my last GPR always felt the same from day one
5) Yes

Archived