The new XSR700 is COOL!!!

• Premium Member
looks good, apart from the radiator

the launch was also reported in the UK's MCN and this sentence was in the article,

"There’ll be a wide range of accessories for riders to use a customization pool, and there will also be a complete range of rider apparel, too."

Hope new owners have plenty of patience...

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I really like the modern retro bikes. Really like the Ducati Scrambler and the CB1100. I was incredibly excited when I first saw the Ducati. Thought hard about getting it instead of the FJ I liked it so much. The XSR700 just doesn't seem to work for me. I'm not sure what it is. To me it looks like a modern standard bike with an old headlight put on it. It just doesn't look like it all goes together. Sorry to you guys that already posted that you liked it. I don't mean to offend. Feel free to disagree with me. We all have different tastes and that's a good thing.

• Premium Member
the launch was also reported in the UK's MCN and this sentence was in the article,

"There’ll be a wide range of accessories for riders to use a customization pool, and there will also be a complete range of rider apparel, too."

Agreed on the radiator. Just ruins what is otherwise a wonderful bike! That single gauge is trick!!! 
1352202341504957584.jpg
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

I really like the modern retro bikes. Really like the Ducati Scrambler and the CB1100. I was incredibly excited when I first saw the Ducati. Thought hard about getting it instead of the FJ I liked it so much. The XSR700 just doesn't seem to work for me. I'm not sure what it is. To me it looks like a modern standard bike with an old headlight put on it. It just doesn't look like it all goes together. Sorry to you guys that already posted that you liked it. I don't mean to offend. Feel free to disagree with me. We all have different tastes and that's a good thing.
Super offended. I started the post, which means everyone must share my opinion!!!  
Juuuuust kidding... agree to disagree ;)

Super offended. I started the post, which means everyone must share my opinion!!!  
Juuuuust kidding... agree to disagree ;)
Well, I'm offended at you being offended by my offensive comment.  :P

Agreed on the radiator. Just ruins what is otherwise a wonderful bike! That single gauge is trick!!! 
1352202341504957584.jpg

The radiator don't really bother me so much but the single gauge is kind of cool. I would've preferred dual analog with some digital mixed in. But yeah I can't wait to see this bike in person looks to me like a home run.

Neat bike, but why did they hang a Nest thermostat on the handlebars? Is that thing supposed to turn up my Ac?Furnace, or tell me how fast I'm going?

Also, if I order a set of heated grips for it, will they come before the grips I ordered back in Feb for the FJ-09?

• Premium Member
Neat bike, but why did they hang a Nest thermostat on the handlebars? Is that thing supposed to turn up my Ac?Furnace, or tell me how fast I'm going? 
Also, if I order a set of heated grips for it, will they come before the grips I ordered back in Feb for the FJ-09?
NEST thermostats are SOOOOO retro! :D BTW - that's not a NEST thermostat, it's a whine-o-meter and you're hitting the limiter!!  (rofl)
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Ok, I only saw the green one in the link above but I have since seen the silver one from other sources. I have to say, not bad. Something about the silver changes the look. It matches the radiator too so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.  It just ties the bike together better.  I do like the Nest like gauge on it.

Ok FigJam... I digress. ::)  It might be a little cool after all... But only in the right color!

The *right* colour? That's black...
Only if you can black out the radiator, exhaust and any other bare aluminum part, otherwise they detract and the whole bike suffers. But otherwise, I do agree, black is normally my first choice.

Archived