Electric cable +12Volt after turn ON under the seat

fufu74

Hello,

My nickname is fufu. I'm french and my wife bought a new FJ-09 (Yamaha tracer in French)

I would like to install a fuseblock under the seat, so that I could mount several accessories without to use the yamaha original wiring. I think it's a better installation and there is a limited risk concerning warranty.

I'm looking for +12volt after turn ON (once the key is on the position ON, but the engine has not started yet) as close as possible to the driver's seat. It's just to command the fuseblock, so it will not drain any power,

On my BMW 1200GS, there is a diagnostic plug with one cable which does perfectly the job.

Do you know where I can easily connect my wire ? I would like to avoid to connect to one light or something like that.

Thanks,
Fufu

I used the +lead from the tail light to trigger a relay that energizes my add-on fuse block.
Awesome way to do the add on power builderbob.  Just tapping into an existing circuit to supply power to a fuse block turns the size of the feed wire, and the circuit fuse for it, into the limiting factor of what can be supported by the fuse block.  Your way allows the supply to the fuse block to be sized correctly. 
Smart man

Personnaly, I use this device
http://www.fuzeblocks.com/

It has a built-in relay and for each circuits, you can choose to be ON at all time, and link to the relay.

Builderbob: would you be so kind to send me a picture a tail light wire your use ? Is it easy to conenct?

I will received my wife's tracer only in one or 2 weeks. 'm just planning the work I need to do on it

• Premium Member
Personnaly, I use this device http://www.fuzeblocks.com/

It has a built-in relay and for each circuits, you can choose to be ON at all time, and link to the relay.

Builderbob: would you be so kind to send me a picture a tail light wire your use ? Is it easy to conenct?

I will received my wife's tracer only in one or 2 weeks. 'm just planning the work I need to do on it
I considered the Fuzebloc solution as well.  I went with a cheaper option. If you look at the picture, just above the fuse block, you see the white connector for the tail light.  The yellow wire coming into it is the one I used.  I used a posi-tap to make my connection.  Very easy to use.  They come in several sizes for different gauge wires.  I used the red ones.
Good luck!

Archived