Go Pro mounting on the FJ

Anyone using a go pro on their bike? Where is your favorite mounting spot? I have a vivitar hd action camera for now and used the suction cup on the windshield. I'll see how the video turns out after work.
49F772B9-0BA1-45BF-913A-3B782AC9029B_zpshp9zmukq.jpg

I've used the suction cup on my gold wing windshield which is a lot smoother ride but it still lets the go pro flex. On the FJ, I use a ram ball on the handlebar with a 4" arm and it is perfect. You can see the whole dash and read everything on it as well as see the road. I also bought the Ram Claw, but it also has some flex to it as well, I use it for the GPS.

I think I'll try the ram mount I have one for my phone and it's great. The video I shot today was very shaky. Not sure if it was my cheap camera or the mount. I've used this before on my 4 wheeler clamped to the handlebar and it came out pretty good. I plan to upgrade to a gopro or similar soon just not sure which one I want to go with.

Those suction cup mounts always wobble and the screen on the tracer is a bit flappy too, try a different mount before buying a new camera, i would put a sticky mount above the headlight or go with the ram ball depending which view point you want.

Also look up "techmoan" on YouTube, he does a lot of action camera reviews.

Archived