NEW MEMBER help wanted

well i pick up new tracer ( race blue ) last week and im loving it  , made screen lower but yet to ride and test it for wind noise.i might get an powerbronze sport screen if my changes dont work out .Has anyone got a workshop manual for the tracer i could have a copy of .also  has anyone changed the co2 setting on there standard bikes ( just out of interest )as i was thinking of changing it to make a little more richer .
any good tips to make the bike better would be a great help 

• Premium Member
Hello. Where in the UK are you?

If you want to alter the fuelling on the bike then I recommend you get the ECU reflashed, which will adjust all parameters so that they match. Nobody in the UK is advertising they have a map yet but there is a whole section on this subject in the forum and you could send it to the site sponsor. Personally, I'm happy with the standard fuelling and I have 6000 miles on my bike.

Lots of tips in the various sections of the forum. Get a cup of cocoa and start reading. If there isn't an answer already here, start a new thread on a single topic - you will get better feedback if you have topic specific posts.

Look out for a UK meet - maybe something over the August Bank Holiday.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

thanks for reply , I'm in the isle of man but I'm coming over later in the year to the mainland so i will make a point of meeting up if there is something on. I'm going to wales for a week in july next year with a few friends around llandovery

i would really like to get a hold of a repair manual if anyone has one .

thanks for the advice about the ecu but i think i will leave it for now and see how i get on .

one thing i forgot to ask is if anyone has put on the yamaha soft abs panniers , i have and they look great but they don't look very waterproof has anyone had any problems with them .

• Premium Member
If you want to alter the fuelling on the bike then I recommend you get the ECU reflashed, which will adjust all parameters so that they match. Nobody in the UK is advertising they have a map yet but there is a whole section on this subject in the forum and you could send it to the site sponsor. Personally, I'm happy with the standard fuelling and I have 6000 miles on my bike.

Lots of tips in the various sections of the forum. Get a cup of cocoa and start reading. If there isn't an answer already here, start a new thread on a single topic - you will get better feedback if you have topic specific posts.

"cup of cocoa". You should try that some time.

• Premium Member

"cup of cocoa". You should try that some time.

A glass of St Emillion will do

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
thanks for reply , I'm in the isle of man but I'm coming over later in the year to the mainland so i will make a point of meeting up if there is something on. I'm going to wales for a week in july next year with a few friends around llandovery  

thanks for the advice about the ecu but i think i will leave it for now and see how i get on .

one thing i forgot to ask is if anyone has put on the yamaha soft abs panniers , i have and they look great but they don't look very waterproof has anyone had any problems with them .
Mid Wales is a place I know well as I was born near Aberaeron and lived in Monmouthshire for many years. Would be great to meet up next July

• Premium Member

I have a set of the Yamaha ABS side cases. The look good and work well enough, though I believe there is a recall as they are supposedly at risk of detaching. I used mine on a week tour to France - no issues though they are rather small. As you note they are not waterproof. You should have received waterproof inner bags - these are sturdy and effective but they take up some of your precious space. Although they are well designed I will end up replacing them with Givi or Shad hard cases. Lots of discussion elsewhere on hard luggage.

Archived