• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tail debate

Does anybody who owns the bike care about the tail being non-touring, instead being ever-so-slightly legal and clearly designed to be removable/removed for a sport bike look/clean tail install? I see it has a hugger. 

Did anybody remove, and or replace with actual heavy duty fender? 

I am not complaining, the thing will keep rain off my back as is, but is not a serious fender. 

I think front is too small too. Some fenda-extender must be a good fit. 

• Premium Member
Does anybody who owns the bike care about the tail being non-touring, instead being ever-so-slightly legal and clearly designed to be removable/removed for a sport bike look/clean tail install? I see it has a hugger.  

I am not complaining, the thing will keep rain off my back as is, but is not a serious fender. 

Actually, The tail will be coming off tomorrow and relocated without the center piece. I don't ride in the rain, and my FJR1300 never needed it. Plus, it looks crappy IMO. I put the sport in sporttouring. (rofl) 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Check out Pyramid Plastics site, a few items for the FZ-09 which the front fender extender and rear hugger extension should be the same for the FJ. (A few cool items for the FZ bikes)

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/categories.html?catnum=101628&h=16&d=MT-09%20%2F%20FZ-09%20%2F%20FZ9%202013%20Accessories

Not so sure I would put one of their "ductails" on, maybe if it could be easily installed for trips it would be helpful?

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/accessories.html?catnum=101768&h=16_101628&d=MT-09%20%2F%20FZ-09%20%2F%20FZ9%202013%20Ductails

• Premium Member

Actually, The tail will be coming off tomorrow and relocated without the center piece. I don't ride in the rain, and my FJR1300 never needed it. Plus, it looks crappy IMO. I put the sport in sporttouring. (rofl)
I like the way you think 8-) I'll be doing the same to mine. 

I like the way you think 8-) I'll be doing the same to mine.
"I put the sport in sporttouring". That is good, ,so do I. But I don't feel the fender effects the putting of sport in sport touring.  I will leave it alone and ride the bike while you guys are fussing around with the rear fender. If you do the work at night, that is fine, as I will be on multi-day ride.  I removed the rear extensions on my FJR after a rear ender, hung the license from a 1" lip under the tail light. I was glad when my rear fender replacement came as the spray and road dirt was getting all over the trunk.  Still does, just not as much.  I have toured all over the US, Canada and Alaska, and ran into rain.  You can't avoid it if you are touring, sport or otherwise. Last Wed. I road in the wet, no rain, and a wet slimy muddy gravel road for a ways.  Bike is really dirty.  Got to go clean it.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Just trying to make fun of the mind set to make bike look clean, lean, sport bike like. Nothing wrong with that. No harm intended. Forgot to put the little ;) just kidding wink thingy.
Can hardly wait to see what you do.  Have you looked on the FZ-09 site for pics and mfr. kit for tail tiddy work?

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Guest eatpasta
Longer hugger at Twisted Throttle. 
Thanks! Yep, I'd seen that one before. It seems to be made of unobtanium based on the $205 price tag!! Seriously? $205 for a piece of acrylic ABS?!?!?!
if it said Touratech on it, it would have been $350 at least 

Archived