Anyone tried Pirelli Angel GT's on this bike?

• Premium Member
Anyone running these on the FJ-09

While I am happy with the stock tires, and they have a lot of life left, I am curious about the Angel GT's. Several friends swear by them and they do seem to score better in comparison tests.
Thanks

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

I had the ST Versions on my Aprilia before getting the FJ. They were great tires with good tread life and really good grip and feel. I would think the GT would be just as good or better. They're on the top of my list when the stock tires are ready to be replaced.

• Premium Member
I had the ST Versions on my Aprilia before getting the FJ. They were great tires with good tread life and really good grip and feel. I would think the GT would be just as good or better. They're on the top of my list when the stock tires are ready to be replaced.
Thanks.  My friends are running them on Tuono's and VFR's, so they definitely seem right for the FJ too. 
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
We are spoilt for choice with tyres nowadays. I think the truly dangerous tyres that were around when I started riding a few decades ago are long gone.

My view, and others may disagree, it is more likely that a bad experience with a tyre was due to poor inflation, something in the road or a contaminant on the tyre. Or maybe using the wrong tyre for the bike e.g. cutting cost by using a generic tyre for a heavy bike when a special version with reinforced sidewalls is specified (usually a letter or two is added at the end of the tyre name such as Michelin PR4 GT for the BMW K1600 Behemoth). Of course, the human mind is an odd thing and we convince ourselves it was the tyre's fault not our riding, maintenance or just bad luck because a tractor dumped some diesel on a bend.

I'm happy with the Dunlops so will stick with them if the price remains okay - the advantage is if they wear out unevenly you still have a matched pair even if you only change one tyre. If the Dunlops go up in price I'd happily switch to Avon, Pirelli, Michelin, Metzeler or Bridgestone as they all produce perfectly serviceable sport touring tyres suitable for a mid-range bike like the Tracer.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Wessie - lot of truth to your comments. As long as the tire grips well, what decides it for me is turn in. I like the rounded fronts so common this last decade.
Jorider - thanks for the mileage numbers.
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Archived