Yamaha Side Bag Bracket ?

Can anyone confirm with me that Yamaha makes a side bracket that is intended for use with the Yamaha hard side cases? I have contacted local dealers and they told me that they only see the side cases themselves. I want to buy the side brackets and use them for my soft bags to keep them away from the rear tire but don't want to buy the hard bags yet (EXPENSIVE!). Any pictures or part numbers would be great. Thanks. Any other suggestions would also be welcomed.

• Premium Member
Do you know the part number for the side brackets?
2PP-F84G0-V0-00 HARD SADDLEBAG MOUNT  (FJ-09 lower hard saddlebag mounts)

Check out the FJR Saddlebags on FJ thread for more info. 

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I want to buy the side brackets and use them for my soft bags to keep them away from the rear tire
I had planned to do the same but my dealer talked me out of it. The parts guy said he didn't think it would work well. I ended up fabricating some brackets of my own. Post back if it works for you. 

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
I want to buy the side brackets and use them for my soft bags to keep them away from the rear tire
I had planned to do the same but my dealer talked me out of it. The parts guy said he didn't think it would work well. I ended up fabricating some brackets of my own. Post back if it works for you.

I'll agree. There are good photos on this site of the brackets. The brackets probably don't extend high enough to do what you want. They're also relatively heavy to anchor side bags. You don't need that weight if you're just holding soft bags away from the tire.

Archived