Sign in to follow this  
pattonme

Fork damping and internals Upgrade

I'm not interested in a DIY option. USD forks are a pain to work with. They require special tools and sometimes 3-4 hands.
What I am interested in is being able to adjust the compression circuit and a better rebound circuit all adjustable at the cap.
I am looking for a plush Sport Touring ride on real world roads with all their imperfections. Oh and not spending over $1k to get that ride would be great!

Also interested in a plush sport touring ride.
What would you do for a 230 lb medium ability rider for the forks.
What would it cost and what is the turn around time for California?
Very interested in your service.
What do you recommend for the shock?
RC

Also interested in a plush sport touring ride. What would you do for a 230 lb medium ability rider for the forks.
What would it cost and what is the turn around time for California?
Very interested in your service.
What do you recommend for the shock?
RC
At 230lbs you'll need at least .925kg/mm but .95 will work too.
Turn around is about 3-4 business days or a weekend. Shipping to/from Cali adds 3 days each way generally. Total with basic service and springs would be $305.

For shocks I can only suggest reviewing http://fj-09.org/thread/2028/shock-upgrades-compatible-swaps

Can you make the left leg live for compression adjustment at the cap?

In theory, yes. I don't have a feel for parts availability or costs, yet. Though compression adjust is a very distant forth in usefulness as an adjustment point behind spring, preload, and rebound.

Can you make the left leg live for compression adjustment at the cap?
In theory, yes. I don't have a feel for parts availability or costs, yet. Though compression adjust is a very distant forth in usefulness as an adjustment point behind spring, preload, and rebound.
I'm at the "very distant fourth" with the front. Sag is set, rebound is within a click or two of following the road vs pogoing upon brake release. Just need to dial the compression back a bit for hitting road imperfections.

Rear is acceptable as adjusted now. Not as harsh on compression as the front[span style=line-height:23px]. [/span]

Thanks Matt for the info.
Will finish breaking my bike in, deciding on rear shock etc and then probably send you my forks.
RC