• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

New life... new bike

Hi,

I just rode my brand new FJ 09 home today. I got the grey version and ordered the panniers for it. I couldn't be more stoked about this bike. So far, I'm very impressed. I can't wait to put more km's on it.

I'm coming from a BMW R1150R. It was a great bike, but I always felt it was a ticking time-bomb. I heard about the dreaded spline issues shortly after purchasing it, and lo and behold, 2 weeks ago, after 62,000 km's, they finally blew.. Bike goes nowhere, hence, my new bike.

Lots of other big changes happening in my life as well, so I felt it was time to change bikes. The BMW was fun and I'll always be a fan of them, but I'm more than happy with the Yamaha. By far, it's one of the sexiest bikes I've ever seen (especially in the grey ;))

Good times ahead!!

Congrats. I bought mine last month and I am smiling every time when I ride it. I also had changes in my life last November. Getting back to riding after over 20 years is the best decision I made thus far. I have been using it for commuting and I am planning to do long trips with it this summer.

• Premium Member
By far, it's one of the sexiest bikes I've ever seen (especially in the grey ;)
Good times ahead!!
Welcome, if you think grey is sexy, you should see the red!!!wings_zpsszsdvz9g.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived