• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tired to steal my bike

Guest brianwindmill

Guest brianwindmill
As I said someone tired to steal my bike new handle bar risers £83 new ignition lock wait for it £1200.00 pounds yes that is right £1200.00. I don't now about labour costs still got to get the bike fixed.

• Premium Member
It won't just be the lock, there's some electronics in there for the immobiliser as it is a UK bike.

Maybe consider an insurance claim - you need to let them know about the theft attempt which is going to load your premium anyway.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brianwindmill
Still waiting to get my bike back want you ever do not use carole nash in house  repairs service ie (plantec assist) . All I can is hopeless.

• Premium Member
Thanks for the heads up about Plantec as I'm a CN customer - I would normally resist any involvement from a claims handler and get the bike back to my local dealer if it was a repair only job (using CN's own breakdown cover!). There is no legal requirement to use any service provided by the broker but this is where they really make their money "adding value" to the tiny commissions they get from selling the policy. In the past, when the broker has dilly dallied over processing a claim I have ended up dealing direct with the underwriter - weirdly, the underwriter was CNash's owner Groupama who were great, processing my mum's house insurance claim when the broker kept "losing" forms and breaking promises.

Hope you get the bike back on the road soon.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 1 month later...
Guest brianwindmill
Just a update still waiting for bike to be fix after 2 months still so sign of bike to long to go into details as I said before plantec assist are f..king hopeless.

Hate to say it but this is par for the couse with CN. Many people use them based on their advertising and going with the cheapest quotes but you pay for this if you ever have to make a claim; their service is always appalling. Having a fair amount of experience in the insurance industry CN are the only big name I'd always encourage people to stay well clear of.

• Premium Member
Hate to say it but this is par for the couse with CN. Many people use them based on their advertising and going with the cheapest quotes but you pay for this if you ever have to make a claim; their service is always appalling. Having a fair amount of experience in the insurance industry CN are the only big name I'd always encourage people to stay well clear of.
their included breakdown cover is what attracts me - this gets good feedback from those, including me that have used it. The service is outsourced though. When I called the service I was dealt with by the AA. I think this year's policy is with someone else now. 
With the exception of one travel insurance claim via a Fortis policy from Co-op travel, I have never been overly impressed with any claims handling.

Hope it's sorted soon, Brian

Guest brianwindmill
Just brought a lexmoto fms 125 scooter why i wait for my bike and use to use it as a winter hack any thoughts.

• Premium Member
Just brought a lexmoto fms 125 scooter why i wait for my bike and use to use it as a winter hack any thoughts.
Good luck. It's a bit hit or miss with Chinese scooters. Brands mean little even if it is well known like Peugeot, it all depends on whether you get one from a decent batch before the stickers are applied. 
For a winter hack I would have tried to spend my £1000 on a known quantity in the used bike market. A friend's son has a nice Yamaha YBR125 for not much more. Unless he crashes it in teenage enthusiasm it is unlikely to be off the road for very long as the parts are readily available and it is DIY friendly.

Archived