Just purchased my FJ today!

Guest captrob73

Guest captrob73
I just purchased my FJ today, it was a long time coming. I'm very pleased so far. I opted for the matte gray and added the Yamaha hard bags. I will adding a passenger back for the misses, anyone have any tips on the backrest?

Congrats on the new ride. A true backrest maybe hard to find since this bike is so new to the market. There is always a Corbin saddle with integrated backrest but you're talking big bucks. Ventura make a luggage system and they have a kit for the FJ. But when you go on their site you will have to choose the MT09 Tracer as the model. They do have a U.S. distributor. My friend put this on his 02 SV650 and really liked it. It's not a true backrest but plenty strong from what I've seen. Sure you'd be able to work something out. Good luck.

• Premium Member
Ya, a backrest integrated into a topcase is the best option. Oh, welcome aboard.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived