Any loose bolts to watch out for.....

gnr

.....in the first few hundred miles? I see the bar ends thread and have experienced that with my bike. Anything else?

I noticed that my coolant reservoir cap had popped up when I was looking over the bike today. The cover seems like a crappy design.

Thanks.

• Premium Member
.....in the first few hundred miles? I see the bar ends thread and have experienced that with my bike. Anything else? 
I noticed that my coolant reservoir cap had popped up when I was looking over the bike today. The cover seems like a crappy design.

Thanks.
Check the front axle pinch bolt and axle for looseness. I few of us have had this loose from the dealership. Also the two windscreen tightening bolts.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
The ones I have experienced are covered above. The only other one found loose was after the install of the Givi topbox kit. One of the bolts at the rear of the saddle needed a tweak. If you fit, or have fitted for you, some luggage, it's always good to check the bolts after the first ride or two.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

The only loose fitting i have found since buying mine is my wallet in my back pocket, it now seems a lot thinner than it was & slops about a bit.

All bike fasteners & fittings so far are tight as a drum.

Well, my handguards both backed their bolts off today, one fell out on the highway along with the two metal spacers. I only have 150 miles on my bike. The dealer better give me new hardware for free.

• 4 weeks later...
My  left handlebar guard bolt loosen and subsequently lost at 1,500 miles.  My dealer would not replace it; bolt, spacers, etc.) on their dime.  Forty bucks down, oh well.
At about 3,500 miles I lost a clutch cover bolt. Dealer gave me a replacement off the floor model. I like my dealer. 
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• 3 weeks later...
I went over the bike with the allens when I got home, and found the handle bar bolts loose at the guards, can't get the right side any tighter without breaking it I think.

No loose other bolts found, some values were not the same, in that they were not loose, but they snugged up slightly on a few case bolts, and one oil pan bolt. Axles all tight. Wiggles on the dog bone/pivot in the rear.

Anyone else notice that the bike can get about an inch more wheelbase with a longer chain easy, and still have room to adjust the tension correctly. (Might make it more comfortable on the highway, while it's going to reduce the nimble feeling the longer it becomes.)

If I ever change out the sprocket and chain, I'll see what's up there if any benefit can be found, or if I miss the shorter stock wheelbase.

The only loose fitting i have found since buying mine is my wallet in my back pocket, it now seems a lot thinner than it was & slops about a bit. 
All bike fasteners & fittings so far are tight as a drum.
I can confirm this.  My wallet is leaking like a sieve. 

I had loose bar end bolts, and lost the left most hand guard cover bolt, but that's about it.
//QED

Archived