Any loose bolts to watch out for.....

I lost the bolt out of my right hand grip on my first ride after I bought the bike. Rode the bike back in the rain, Dealer replaced with one off the floor model. I had the tech check the remaining hardware while I was there. He said several of the handlebar controls had loose hardware.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
.....in the first few hundred miles? I see the bar ends thread and have experienced that with my bike. Anything else? 
I noticed that my coolant reservoir cap had popped up when I was looking over the bike today. The cover seems like a crappy design.

Thanks.
Check the front axle pinch bolt and axle for looseness. I few of us have had this loose from the dealership. Also the two windscreen tightening bolts.

I second ULEWZ, the front axle pinch bolt was quite loose when I checked the bike at the first service interval earlier this spring.  Put just under 10K on it from early April to early October 2016 before heading in for right hip replacement surgery.  I winterized the bike and the plan is to go over it to check fasteners, etc. before next spring.

Archived