Ontario-Canada: Looking for purchasing advise / experience

Hello, I am inching closer to getting a FJ-09. I wanted to find out if there are any Ontario, Canada owners that could comment on their buying experience.
Did you shop around, was any dealer better than another in terms of final price or trade in value?
I have seen differences so I want to get some feedback by some of you who already went through this.
Also feel free to comment about the insurance rates as they also seem to be spread apart.
Thanks!

Guest fzrcraig
I can't be much help here as I purchased my FJ last December from Burlington cycle where my friend is a sales representative. I did not speak with anyone else and did not have a trade-in.My insurance is through Dalton Timmis and the premium seemed fair compared to my previous bike.

I purchased from Performance Cycle in Cambridge simply because I have a long term relationship with them, and they're generally easy to deal with.  They don't necessarily have the best prices, and their labour rates are pretty high, but they offered a pretty good trade in value and I'm quite happy on the whole.

I've also dealt a bit with The Power Garage in Woodstock, and found that they have much lower prices, but also lowballed me on the trade in by $2000 under black book value, which more than negated the savings.

I'm extremely happy with the FJ-09.
//QED

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I am inching closer to getting a FJ-09. I wanted to find out if there are any Ontario, Canada owners that could comment on their buying experience. Did you shop around, was any dealer better than another in terms of final price or trade in value?
I have seen differences so I want to get some feedback by some of you who already went through this.
Also feel free to comment about the insurance rates as they also seem to be spread apart.
Thanks!

Yamaha/Suzuki of Newmarket have quite good prices I believe.

• Premium Member
Bought mine from Inglis Cycle in London, ON. Adam was super helpful and Inglis offered top trade in dollar on my 2012 Thruxton. Burlington Cycle actually offered me $5000 (not a typo) less for the Triumph....he said he didn't want it so he wasn't interested in offering me much for it... however I did end up selling it for more privately. I ordered mine early, got the free extra year warranty and the soft side bags. They had no issues at all when I asked them to email me a picture of the bike while they uncrated it.

3963974.jpg

3963976.jpg

It was worth the 2 hour drive to deal with these people... and I will return.

Bought mine from Inglis Cycle in London, ON. Adam was super helpful and Inglis offered top trade in dollar on my 2012 Thruxton. Burlington Cycle actually offered me $5000 (not a typo) less for the Triumph....he said he didn't want it so he wasn't interested in offering me much for it... however I did end up selling it for more privately. I ordered mine early, got the free extra year warranty and the soft side bags. They had no issues at all when I asked them to email me a picture of the bike while they uncrated it. 

It was worth the 2 hour drive to deal with these people... and I will return.
I have dealt with Inglis since 2008 and they have been nothing short of wonderful to deal with.  Congratulations! 

Archived