Shad SH36 side cases installed today

Just installed the Shad SH36 today.  It was quite easy to do with 4 bolts on each side.  2 on the passenger foot peg and 2 on the OEM rail (which was removed).  I am able to put my full face helmet in there which is a bonus.  I like it very much.  I am still waiting for the OEM Yamaha Top case (mounting bracket is on back order) which I ordered with the bike purchase back in June.  Now that I have a spare key lock from my Shad case purchase, Does anyone know if I can replace the OEM top case lock with this one from Shad[/img] so I will use one key for all 3 cases.  I won't know until I get the top case installed.  I was told the bracket was on back order until August 18, 2015.  I don't mind having one key for ignition and the other for the cases.  

I tried to embed some images but I just don't know how to insert images.

I got my answer yesterday. Dealer called me in to install the top case. They couldn't use the Shad lock tumbler and they have to use some washers as spacers on the seat rail in order to fit with my Shad side mount. It is not bad. I may look for proper spacers between the topcase bracket and the side mount. Now I will see if a locksmith can match the lock to my ignition key so I don't have to carry so many keys. The OEM topcase matches quite well. Now I am all set for my road trip in September. It is also so much more convenient commuting to work having the case to store my helmet and jacket.

Archived