300 mile, 4 lake ride on the FJ-09!

b12ty

Took a day off from work friday, and got away to the mountains of So Cal. Thought i'd post some ride pics instead of my usual how to stuff. So, hope you enjoy. thumbup111.gif

Started out by riding the length of the 2 highway, otherwise known as Angeles Crest Hwy. I was a bit worried about the weather, since it had rained the previous night. But no worries, clear all the way!

1.jpg

2.jpg

After breakfast and chit-chat at Newcomb's Ranch ( about 6000 ft on the 2 ), I pressed on east thru Wrightwood, and on up to Silverwood Lake. Even though California is in a drought, all the upper lakes were full.

3.jpg4.jpg

Next.... a small recreational lake.

5.jpg

6.jpg

The FJ working like a champ up at 7-8k altitude.

8.jpg

Arrowhead, one of the most beautiful lakes in SoCal. Ritzy ( snobbyhaha.gif ) resort area.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Last lake, Big Bear Lake, one of the oldest in the region.

11.jpg

A shot of just the small end of it.

12.jpg

Lunch at one of my favorite affordable steak houses. Glad they have one way up here!

13.jpg

Time to head down into the heat and humidity..yuck.

7.jpg

A quick stop before slabbing it home on the freeway, for refreshments. One of the few left of this chain. Mentone, Ca.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Ahhh!

16.jpg

Got home, averaged 49.3 mpg, a little sore, but very happy.

At least till I saw this..... new tire too, why is it always only on a new tire???? Oh well...rant.gif
No big deal, at least I made it home safe.thumbup111.gif Fun day!

17.jpg

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

• Premium Member
Took a day off from work friday, and got away to the mountains of So Cal. Thought i'd post some ride pics instead of my usual how to stuff. So, hope you enjoy. thumbup111.gif 
Ty

All that was missing was your wingman. I wish I could have taken Friday off. Looks like a great, but exhausting ride. clap_zpsdyza0r53.gif Oh, I can ride the next two weekends. friday_zpsy7vrreqp.gif
We need to fix that tire also. Buy a witches hat plug and lets go to work. linky

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Ty

All that was missing was your wingman. I wish I could have taken Friday off. Looks like a great, but exhausting ride. clap_zpsdyza0r53.gif Oh, I can ride the next two weekends. friday_zpsy7vrreqp.gif
We need to fix that tire also. Buy a witches hat plug and lets go to work. linky

So can I. ;) 
I like the "we" in that, since you happen to have a tire changer.  I was thinking of trying this: link no?

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

Archived