Custom carbon fiber front fender

A few of us got fed up with the amount of spray not stopped by the original fender, the outrageously priced piece of fender extender and cracked fenders from taking off with a disc lock; we saw the need to look for better alternative.   The custom made carbon fibre extended fender project was born.   It took us a few months to get everything sorted out but the final result was quite satisfactory.  Here are some pics of the final piece.

jNU9Ybo.jpgtG94wDT.jpgx8RvWrr.jpgrq14lY4.jpg

It is a community project. There are enough MT-09/Tracer owners in town to make this project viable. This is the first carbon fiber piece we make and we may make different pieces in the future. The next project could be the top piece of handguard.

That looks great. I could really be into different had guards. Cheers
I think the original handguard has lots of character but want to make it in CF to go with the Dzell handguard light, which has CF finish. If there is enough interest, it may be worthwhile to make a mold and reporduce the piece in CF. If not, I may just warp the original piece in carbon fiber cloth/or carbon fiber look vinyl. 

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
A few of us got fed up with the amount of spray not stopped by the original fender, the outrageously priced piece of fender extender and cracked fenders from taking off with a disc lock; we saw the need to look for better alternative.   The custom made carbon fibre extended fender project was born.   It took us a few months to get everything sorted out but the final result was quite satisfactory.  Here are some pics of the final piece. 
jNU9Ybo.jpgtG94wDT.jpgx8RvWrr.jpgrq14lY4.jpg

Hey Voodoo, did you guys ever make a decision to produce any more of the fenders? This is at the top of my list for farkles! I really like it! 

peporter : Sorry, we do not have plan for another batch yet. Just to let you know, the fender was made with a polycarbonate base and a layer of carbon cloth on the surface; There is no weight saving as it is not full carbon construction (to keep the cost down).

• Premium Member
peporter : Sorry, we do not have plan for another batch yet. Just to let you know, the fender was made with a polycarbonate base and a layer of carbon cloth on the surface; There is no weight saving as it is not full carbon construction (to keep the cost down).
I hope that's heavy emphasis on the "yet"..... You guys have had them out presumably under all conditions, so how do they perform? I like the all-inclusive design, and not the tacked on look of the Fender Extender. Good looking piece of work, and if you do get around to cranking out another batch, please put me as close to the top of the list as you can! 

peporter: With the OEM fender/extender setup, road grim escaped through the joining area and there were unsightly dirty marks running down the extender all the time. None of that for the one piece design. I have it on for 5000km and it is holding up nicely- no rattle, chip, nick, crack or de-lamination.

Nice looking fender there!
Wish I knew how to work with Carbon Fiber, I would make a front fender for both of my Vstroms.
Will be looking out for if you do a future run of these for if my wife ever lets me get a 3rd bike.
She says one has too go before I get another, I think it would be cheaper to trade her in (rofl)
Mike

• 4 months later...
Mike, you've heard the old joke right? "My wife told me it was her or the bike. I sure will miss her!"

Voodoo, if you make more I would definitely be in for one!
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Archived