Pt. Reyes National Seashore

toonbobo

Hey everyone, I wanted to share a short post and some pictures from a recent ride. A few friends and I decided to ride out to Pt. Reyes National Seashore. We left from Oakland, went up to Petaluma and rode down Highway 1 and out to the very southern tip of Pt. Reyes. This took a few hours and was a 90 mile trip. I didn't take a ton of pictures, but overall we had a great time. The pavement quality degrades the closer you get to the coast, but you are rewarded with some excellent views of the Pacific and farm land/rolling hills. On the way back we stopped in a small town called Fairfax for some German sausages and beer (Gestalthaus). Highly recommended!

The 3 bikes: FJ-09, BMW K1300S, Honda CB919
L62tGm5.jpg

That ugly license plate holder!
h6TLhnR.jpg

Knobby tires would make this a fun trail.. pedestrians only however.
HSQ7lrC.jpg
4yJRop6.jpg

@wessie the poor guy caught black plague only on his face!

@ogri The shield is the stock + MRA X-creen. There are some airflow problems at low speeds, but once you get above ~30mph, it isn't so foggy. It helps with the issues people have with the stock screen though.

Hey everyone, I wanted to share a short post and some pictures from a recent ride. A few friends and I decided to ride out to Pt. Reyes National Seashore. We left from Oakland, went up to Petaluma and rode down Highway 1 and out to the very southern tip of Pt. Reyes. This took a few hours and was a 90 mile trip. I didn't take a ton of pictures, but overall we had a great time. The pavement quality degrades the closer you get to the coast, but you are rewarded with some excellent views of the Pacific and farm land/rolling hills. On the way back we stopped in a small town called Fairfax for some German sausages and beer (Gestalthaus). Highly recommended! 
The 3 bikes: FJ-09, BMW K1300S, Honda CB919
L62tGm5.jpg

That ugly license plate holder!
h6TLhnR.jpg

Knobby tires would make this a fun trail.. pedestrians only however.
HSQ7lrC.jpg
4yJRop6.jpg

Hey Toonbobo, great photos and a great ride. Can you tell me what wind-deflector you have on top of the stock screen. How do you find it? How tall are you? Cheers Jordo27

Hey Toonbobo, great photos and a great ride. Can you tell me what wind-deflector you have on top of the stock screen. How do you find it? How tall are you? Cheers Jordo27
@jordo27 check out this thread. http://fj-09.org/thread/1904/deflector-mra-creen-sport

I got mine through a friend from the twisted throttle website. If you can find one cheaper, go for it, but full price is approaching the price of aftermarket windshields. I'm about 5'8" and 30" pant inseam. One guy on the other thread is 6' and it worked well for him too.

@jordo27 check out this thread. http://fj-09.org/thread/1904/deflector-mra-creen-sport 
I got mine through a friend from the twisted throttle website. If you can find one cheaper, go for it, but full price is approaching the price of aftermarket windshields. I'm about 5'8" and 30" pant inseam. One guy on the other thread is 6' and it worked well for him too.

Hey Toonbobo, thanks for the reply and info. I am 6"4 with 34.5" inseam so trying to find a solution will be tough. Thanks again. Happy riding..

Archived