Manual Cam Chain Tentioner Options

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
Pretty tired of the Cam chain noise (even though it is nothing to worry about). I am probably going to be buying a manual cam chain tentioner and thought I would offer up the options currently available to us and maybe more will chime in with other options (If I buy one, this thread will become a HowTo):

PRS MCCT

APE MCCT

Note, the Ape is about $30 more, but appears to be a little better built. Comments?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Pretty tired of the Cam chain noise (even though it is nothing to worry about). I am probably going to be buying a manual cam chain tentioner and thought I would offer up the options currently available to us and maybe more will chime in with other options (If I buy one, this thread will become a HowTo): 
PRS MCCT

APE MCCT

Note, the Ape is about $30 more, but appears to be a little better built. Comments?

You have cam chain noise? I thought it was just a squeaky sound.

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

• Premium Member
PRS MCCT

APE MCCT

You have cam chain noise? I thought it was just a squeaky sound. 
Ty

Pretty sure it is CCT noise, but I will never know until I buy a MCCT and go for a ride. Took off my steering damper also and will go for a ride and see if I really need it. I'm thinking of selling it and buying an ECU flash harness and software.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I have noticed a cam chain rattle noise on deceleration at about 2500 rpms. I was going to stop by the dealer and talk to them but is this normal?
They say it is nothing to worry about, but get it on the record at your dealer just in case. Mine sounds more like a derailer on a bicycle between gears. It is not related to speed, but does go up and down with rpm. I will get a MCCT and advise.  
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived