Greetings from Philthadelphia

shrimpie

Hey all,
Very glad to have joined this forum as a new owner. I've been riding about 15 years. At the beginning of July, my garage held my track only GSX-R, a KTM Duke, an old FZ1, a TTR125, and a nice Speed Triple. I was at DHY in Deptford one afternoon looking at the FJ-09 just casually. The sales manager walked up and I asked him if there was any chance I could take one for a spin. He handed me a flyer for the Yamaha truck which was coming the next day. So I went home and downloaded the most recent issue of BIKE magazine (it's great on an iPad), and of course the S1000XR was on the cover. However, there was a really nice ride article about the FJ-09. To me, it sounded like everything I didn't know I was looking for. I returned to the dealer the next day, and it took me about 30 seconds on the bike to figure out how excellent this machine was. An hour later I walked out with my paperwork, an hour after that I had 3 bikes for sale. They're gone and I'm not looking back. I still have my track bike and the TTR (for miniGP). The FJ will be perfect for everything else. It reminds me of the 2001 FZ1 when it came out. Not a game changer, but the game winner. I'm just about ready for the first service, and I am sooooo ready to be able to use more of the powerband. I love this bike.

CY'ALL around....

Archived