List Of Seat Options

root

Well... i'll test this one because I just got it by mail.

Top Sellerie comfort seat(From France) with gel insert and firmer padding since i'm heavier than the typical french dude apparently. Lots of great reviews on the Euro side of things, was price cheaper than the Corbin or the Sargant to my door. Looks great, feels great sitting on it in the garage, more in depth review coming up this week-end when i'll rack 300+kms on it.

21106679_10155601547447866_6733488792576591559_n.jpg

21078275_10155601547567866_3490555437859756206_n.jpg

21151400_10155601547647866_399814124108970555_n.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Preliminary review after 180kms today. I'm 6'4" and 280lbs.

I'd say it took a good 50kms for the seat to start breaking in a little, I could feel the gel slowly settling in place. Once I was past that, it already felt much more comfortable than the stocker for me. I am still able to move fore and aft a couple inches if I want to move, no hard "pressure point" for now.

The best way to describe it would be that instead of sitting on the plastic pan since the foam was too soft on the stock one, especially in the rear part, I now have "1/2 inch of suspension" in the seat foam. I could definitely feel the suspension work a little more and seperately feel when it was the seat foam compressing. Kind of weird originally but definitely more comfortable obviously. Given my bigger size, i'm happy to not have picked one of their options that has a cushion in the rear part to hold you better when accelerating, it would not have been roomy enough anymore for me to wiggle on a little as I ride.

I'll post an update later this week once I have more mileage on it. In the mean time, i'm very happy with it.

As a side note, my wife ordered the same seat for her GSX-S750(the naked one). Same specs but lighter foam obviously and gel for her. She loves it, Had the same comment about the seat needing to break in.

Sounds encouraging, skyllz.   I have a BAGSTER seat on order - my second.   Would you mind measuring the 'rise' of the pillion seat, that is the height of the front edge compared to the rear edge of the rider seat; it's quite a big 'step'.   I ask because there was a similar-looking step on my last BAGSTER seat and I'd just like to compare with yours.   Thank you...

P1020538.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Good to hear that you like it... being a bigger guy, I take it that the seat is set in the higher position in the photos? Would you mount it in the lower position and snap a photo for me? Will give me an idea how the nose of the seat compares with stock. Thanks in advance.
It is mounted in the lower position, I tried to set it up in the higher position and it does not fit well against the tank. Even in the lower position it it higher than the stock in the high position by 1/2 inch at least.

Sounds encouraging, skyllz.   I have a BAGSTER seat on order - my second.   Would you mind measuring the 'rise' of the pillion seat, that is the height of the front edge compared to the rear edge of the rider seat; it's quite a big 'step'.   I ask because there was a similar-looking step on my last BAGSTER seat and I'd just like to compare with yours.   Thank you... 

4 3/4" high at the highest point in the middle.

I did not pick the foam, they asked me for my weight. From comparing with my wifes(140lbs) seat, it's definitely a little more firm/dense. I don't think it has much to do with the thickness. Looking at other pictures from the net and their own website, it seems to be the way they built them. I'm sure they have various recipes depending on the order/rider. I let them do their job and so far I'm happy. Cant wait to put it to the test better this week-end. And That's the style I picked indeed, gel in front only since I never have passengers.

250-ish kms later today.

We rode for about an hour each between stops, spent 4 hours on the bike on backroads, sometimes rough pavement but nice overall.

After the 3rd hour in the afternoon maybe I was starting to feel some slight discomfort but it was very minor, it went away the second I got my bum off the bike for a break and never back until 40-50 minutes later.

I'm very happy so far.

If i'd give the stock seat a 4/10, this would be a 8/10 IMHO. Could be better obviously but for the price I paid(650$ Can to my door for a full replacement assembled seat "set", i'm very happy, this was much cheaper for me than to get a Sargant or Corbin and looks a bazillion time better.

I'm looking forward to longer rides before the end of the season here and i'm not worried about walking like a duck when I get off the bike anymore. I'm thinking some of the "issue" now maybe me that needs to ride some more to toughen up that rear end a little and loosing a couple lbs would help also.

After the expensive disaster that was my Seat Concepts Touring seat I went back to the OE with an added Luimoto Gold Gel insert.   Initially it gave little if no improvement over stock or the SC seat, but after a few hundred (<500) kilometres the gel seems to have become a bit more accommodating - or maybe I have put a bit of fat onto my butt!   I still wouldn't want to ride great distances or for lengthy periods on it - an hour and a half in the saddle is enough - but it's rather better than stock.   BTW - fully kitted I weigh-in at 85kg/ 187 pounds.   But I cannot wait for my BAGSTER seat to arrive from la Belle.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 months later...
I noticed the new 2018 seats look to fit on older models fj, let’s hope the new ones are a good option
...how do you figure? I like the design (look), but whether it will fit my 2015... not confident. Plastics around it, and the rear seat are different... and would it really be worth buying? tongue.png 
CROP_20171112_001150.jpg

I was looking on yamaha Website on the new 2018 and it listed the old comfort seat as fitted 2018,2017 ,2016 and 2015 so I guess it the same fitting, maybe they got it wrong , will find out soon, iam planning to get custom one made anyway but the gt model might be a good seat. Will find out

• 4 months later...
Picked up my new 2017 FJ-09 last Thursday, having traded in my 2006 Suzuki SV650S, and already loving it. Coming in next week should be the Puig Touring Windscreen & engine/chin spoiler, Givi radiator guard & engine guards, plus the Yamaha QuickShift. In the coming weeks, I plan to make a final decision as to what brand side cases to go with, but will continue to use the Cortech Sport saddlebags in the meantime. As for the saddle, not only will I be going with Corbin (I've had Corbin saddles on two previous bikes), but, instead of ordering online, I'll be doing a ride-in, as I live less than an hour from the Corbin factory. One of the best things about having a custom seat made while you wait (and no extra cost), is the Wizard's Cafe. While the food isn't the greatest, it is quite good (at least it was the last time I was there several years ago)...plus, you can grab some grub while your saddle is being worked on. A second benefit is they do test fittings, to make it "just right". At Corbin factory in Hollister, CA, you always get to be the "baby bear", and your saddle WILL be "just right".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived