Multi functional display trouble

Anyone having trouble resetting trip1 & trip 2 displays on the multi-functional display? Mine won't reset to zero without much fiddling. 

Yes, mine is doing the same thing. Make sure your gloves are off of course. Mine won't reset more then 50% of the time. I cycle the power switch several times and end up just writing my ODO reading down in a small notebook I now carry. I can't rely on the trip meter. I've mentioned it to my dealer and unfortunately it worked and reset fine when I had it in the service drive. I've had riding buddies try it also to eliminate the possibility of it being me. No luck, they can't reset it either. So there is a problem in the reset switch or some circuit. I've had a couple issues turning off the traction control also but don't attempt that as much.   
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
I have split trip1 and trip2 so they are on different screen panels. I don't get any problem resetting trip1, which I use for as a fuel gauge since doing this.

I'm wondering if it is a firmware problem if the 2 trips are visible on the same panel
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Anyone having trouble resetting trip1 & trip 2 displays on the multi-functional display? Mine won't reset to zero without much fiddling. 

Yes, mine is doing the same thing. Make sure your gloves are off of course. Mine won't reset more then 50% of the time. I cycle the power switch several times and end up just writing my ODO reading down in a small notebook I now carry. I can't rely on the trip meter. I've mentioned it to my dealer and unfortunately it worked and reset fine when I had it in the service drive. I've had riding buddies try it also to eliminate the only possibility of it being me. No luck, they can't reset it either. So there is a problem in the reset switch or some circuit. I've had a couple issues turning off the traction control also but don't attempt that as much. 
The only way I can get mine to re-set is to have the motor running. a nuisance, but it works. All of my trip counters, 1,2, and ODO are on the same screen. Didn't know you could divide them up. I usually like to run trip 2 as my maintenance counter. 

I have trip1 and trip2 on same panel and I can zero either one I wish. Like wessie, I use trip1 as an assist to the fuel gauge. I go to the panel where trip1 is located and touch reset. Trip1 blinks and I can reset it or toggle down to trip2 and reset it by holding down reset.

Yes, mine is doing the same thing. Make sure your gloves are off of course. Mine won't reset more then 50% of the time. I cycle the power switch several times and end up just writing my ODO reading down in a small notebook I now carry. I can't rely on the trip meter. I've mentioned it to my dealer and unfortunately it worked and reset fine when I had it in the service drive. I've had riding buddies try it also to eliminate the only possibility of it being me. No luck, they can't reset it either. So there is a problem in the reset switch or some circuit. I've had a couple issues turning off the traction control also but don't attempt that as much. 
The only way I can get mine to re-set is to have the motor running. a nuisance, but it works. All of my trip counters, 1,2, and ODO are on the same screen. Didn't know you could divide them up. I usually like to run trip 2 as my maintenance counter.
Just as an FYI, if I remember correctly, there are maintenance counters buried in the settings as well. I'm not saying you shouldn't use trip 2 as that as it is more readily accessible. Just saying you have another option. It's in the same menus that you use to set what is on each page and divide trip 1 from trip 2. Press and hold the trigger if I remember right. You may need to be in neutral to do it. I can't remember on that part.

I have split trip1 and trip2 so they are on different screen panels. I don't get any problem resetting trip1, which I use for as a fuel gauge since doing this. 
I'm wondering if it is a firmware problem if the 2 trips are visible on the same panel
My trip 1 and 2 are also on the same panel page. I'll try putting them on separate pages and see what happens.  
Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I've tried resetting with the engine running. I'll make a point to try it out tomorrow.

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Archived