The two piece seat.

We all know that the seat is terrible and not very good quality. Just received a Corbin seat today, install was quick and easy. The weather has not been the best here so still waiting to try it out. It does feel that it will change the seating position slightly. Will let you know how it goes.   

Went on a quick hour ride to test out the seat, as of right now there are now issues. It does change your seating position a bit had to move handlebars forward. It is very comfortable and secure does not feel wobbly or move like the stock seat.Also it looks great the passenger seat is still huge and comfortable. The only thing right now is that it is a bit slippery found myself sliding forward under breaking,after I adjusted the handle bars the seamed to go away. Planning a longer ride this weekend will update then.
But as of right know it is worth the Money!

• Premium Member
How heavy is the Corbin relative to the stock seat? I've had Corbins in the past that were pretty hefty. 
About twice as heavy, maybe a little more, but it's not a big deal. The stock seat is quite flimsy compared to the Corbin, and the ride comfort difference is dramatic. I am 6' 4" with a 32" inseam, #250 and the extra height on the Corbin is most welcome. It is quite stable also, doesn't wiggle around at all, and is very comfortable. You can move around on it easily if you like. All in all, a quality product and money well spent in my opinion. 

I've read many good reports here on the forum for the Corbin seat on the FJ. The only Corbin seat I've sat on was on a ST1300 and I really didn't like it. For this reason, I'm torn. I've seen on other bike forums that say "Corbin isn't what it used to be" and didn't like my only experience with them, but they are getting glowing reviews from FJ owners. :/ I'm really just not sure what I want to do about fixing the seat on my bike. I don't want to drop $450+ on a seat I don't know I'll like. To be fair, I only sat on the ST1300 with the Corbin in a bike shop, but I knew what I was looking at and was very excited to try the seat. I just didn't like it.

Archived