Trying to find more info on the Puig Touring screen

nihilist

For context: I've been scouring the boards and the internet in general, trying to find a windshield that will eliminate the ungodly amount of NOISE I get from the stock windshield.  Earplugs are fine on longer highway trips but I don't want to have to use them when I'm travelling 50km/h in town.  I used to ride without a windshield because I like how engaged I feel with raw wind hitting me.  However, I would like to be able to ride into cooler weather so I need some reasonable level of protection.  I like the looks of the Ermax sport, the calsci shorty, the powerbronze sport, and other short shields.  I find the barn door look to be repulsive, particularly ones like the Givi and Rifle shields.

The Puig Touring screen looks interesting, and Puig has done actual wind tunnel testing with good results.  However, I can't find anywhere in Canada to buy the darn thing (it's been out of stock at revzilla for ages), and I also can't seem to find a single real world picture of it so I can try to decide whether it looks great or hideous.

Does anyone know anything?  Pics? Places to buy?

The best price I've found is via ebay, but it will run me over $300 CDN by the time I'm done which is hard to stomach with so little info.

Thanks for reading.
//QED

• Premium Member
http://www.bs-motoparts.com/en/Information/7/shipping-costs.htm is a German firm that I used to get the Puig spoiler. Shipping was free to the UK. Shipping to Canada is 40 Euros. German price is 133 Euros but you may get a discount of the German taxes. However, you may have Canadian import duty to pay.

Based on the German price and shipping to Canada, the price would be just under 260 CAD
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Oh, thanks for redirecting me back to that site! I saw it at one point but wrote it off due to the price. But I didn't take into account not having to pay VAT.

Total cost including duty will be around $255 Canadian. That brings it down pretty close to the other shields I've been looking at. Fingers crossed that it won't suck!
//QED

I just fitted the puig touring screen with the medium visor as well. I'm extremely happy with the results. Being 6'3" it was a pain to find a buffeting solution but this works great! Only complaint it that it moves around a bit especially with cars around making dirty air.

Archived