Who's the oldest FJ rider?

What the heck! This post was sleeping for two years and then suddenly pops up. Post your age Here and look at the variation, you might be surprised.  Looks like mainly older mature individuals.
I had to give it away a cuppla weeks ago, @ 78 years and 120 days, but who's counting.   Sob!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I am 70. I have 28,000 miles on my FJ. I am old, ugly, and only have one eye but still on two wheels.
Nickname is "Lucky"?  :D 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I'm not that old (55) and my friend doesn't ride an FJ-09 but he gives me something to shoot for. Last summer we did 4,000+ in 9 nine days. I had to go back to work but he's retired so he went home for a couple nights to do some maintenance then launched across the country to celebrate his 80th birthday. 7,000+ in 16 days. All on a CBR1000RR. And, like me, he likes remote roads even if a bit dirty and rough. Here we are coming through a construction section on Oregon that made the Ducati riders detour lol

I want to be  like him when I grow up :)

36881704865_f8396aaf9f_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
So - - - I thought we were like automobiles. It's the mileage that gets us, not the years. I'm only 57, but have had a couple rebuilds and a few "unnecessary" parts removed (me, not the bike). Lovin' my FJ and every mile I can get!

Ride Safe!

This thread is funny... When I got my bike, it took me a couple months to figure out what I was gonna name it.

I settled on T.O.M.B.

"The Old Man Bike"

Haha! I'm only 37.

I know this is an "old" thread (no pun intended...or is it???), and I know I'm certainly NOT even close to some of you.  That being said, my FJ was my 50th birthday gift to myself.  I traded in my seriously-upgraded 2006 Suzuki SV650S (my second SV, the first being a 1999 naked) for my FJ, and, while I'm really missing the SV, I already love the FJ.  "Old" on the left, "new" on the right.
20180329_111455.jpg

Archived