FTR Suspension - UK option £££££££££££

wessie

• Premium Member
This is a public service announcement. I have no connection with the company and cannot give any information about the effectiveness of this upgrade. A friend will be getting this upgrade to his MT09 (FZ09) when he has enough shillings in his piggy bank. 

http://ftrsuspension.co.uk/yamaha-mt09-upgrades/
"New for 2015 are some fantastic suspension upgrades from Ohlins and Andreani, further to popular demand at FTR Suspension we can now offer both Ohlins and the Andreani fully adjustable cartridge kits and Ohlins S46DR1 rear shock absorber which combined will transform the handling of the popular MT09 and Tracer.

We are offering this package for £975 with the Andreani cartridge kit or £1400 with full Ohlins cartridge kit plus fitting which includes the S46DR1 rear shock. We will install them and make sure the bike is set up for the optimum handling for every customer."

S46DR1_YA009_1.jpg
F86357086.jpg

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I was interested in this, but their prices are high and do not reflect the EUR->GBP rate. I got the Andreani cartridge kit from ebay. At ebay.co.uk, this kit is not for sale anymore so i pm'ed a seller i had contacted previously about it and arranged for him to send it to me for ~ £700 including postage. I have now been quoted ~ 4hrs of labour for fitting and setting everything up at a London Yamaha dealer. Steve Jordan and FTR did not reply to my enquiry for a quote and so i will not be going to them.

I hope this helps

>> Steve Jordan and FTR did not reply to my enquiry for a quote and so i will not be going to them.<<

I never will understand how folks blithely ignore inquiries about THEIR products for sale. And I'll give someone the benefit of the doubt and send a follow-up. But if they ignore that, screw 'em. How do you think they'll treat you after they have your money?? NO THANKS!
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• 2 months later...
Guest reeseyboy
Bit late with this, but yes. Had it done a few days ago at FTR. Great blokes that know their stuff. Bike feels great. Could've bought it online and installed it myself but I had no confidence that the shock or fork internals would be sprung for my weight as the sellers in Italy wouldn't answer any attempts at my contacting them. FTR, on the other hand, responded to messages within a few hours and were very helpful on the phone. The plus side of having it done for you is if you think it's a bit soft still, you can book it back in and they'll swap the springs for heavier ones whilst you wait as they have them on the shelf. Can't recommend them enough.£700 plus 4 hours labour to fit will be roughly equal to what I paid at FTR. Pays your money, takes your choice...

Archived