Extended Clutch and Brake hose

minsis

I'm looking to put some Rox risers to raise the bars an inch and pull them back towards me about 1-1/4 inch. When I got the risers on the bike I noticed that the brake hose was a little taut. I'm pretty sure I could just loosen the connector and point it at a more downward angle and that'll give me enough slack in the line. However, the clutch cable is a bit different, when in full lock to one side  I can see the cable slightly pulling on the lever, I dont think its enough to disengage the clutch but I'd rather not find out the hard way.

In any case I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to order new cables? I called my dealership and they said they would have to custom order to the size I wanted. I figured there would be manufactures out there who were already be making longer cables, but I could be wrong. Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm looking to put some Rox risers to raise the bars an inch and pull them back towards me about 1-1/4 inch. When I got the risers on the bike I noticed that the brake hose was a little taut. I'm pretty sure I could just loosen the connector and point it at a more downward angle and that'll give me enough slack in the line. However, the clutch cable is a bit different, when in full lock to one side  I can see the cable slightly pulling on the lever, I dont think its enough to disengage the clutch but I'd rather not find out the hard way. 
In any case I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to order new cables? I called my dealership and they said they would have to custom order to the size I wanted. I figured there would be manufactures out there who were already be making longer cables, but I could be wrong. Any ideas or suggestions?

There is some adjustment on your cable both @ the lever and more down on the engine. Have you tried loosening it up? 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member

There is some adjustment on your cable both @ the lever and more down on the engine. Have you tried loosening it up? 

You might try Motion Pro.  A friend on another list works for them and has mentioned making custom cables.

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
I had motion pro make a clutch cable 3" longer for me. It was about $50
Did they do the short bend or the no bend cable? I have an order in with them for an extra 1 1/2"  in length. How did you remove the stocker-assume you pulled through from the top with wire attached to the clutch end.  

• 1 month later...
Could you post a pic of the lever end where there's a short metal sheath on the stock cable? I'm curious to see if they fixed Yamaha's error there.
Sorry I just saw your post,  
If you haven't already ordered the cable, it does have a slight bend to it. Fits well on my bike.

I taped the new cable to the old cable and pulled it thru from the bottom. I had to loosen the radiator bracket and it just fit thru.

It's a very tight fit, I wouldn't want to try and install a new cable without the old one to guide it thru.

Call motion pro. They are making one for me as we type. 4". $50. If you remove the little bracket that holds the horn & frt. brake line you will gain about 3". Brake line is still clear of anything that might cause wear. Just remount horn.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived