Across the ocean.....

basholland

Hi!

I'm Bas and although I live in the Netherlands (Europe), I have registered here to read more about the FJ09 (or like us MT09 Tracer) Unfortunately I can not test drive in the Netherlands, but I expect that I will buy it soon. Off course after a good test drive. My shortlist at the moment
1. FJ/MT 09
2. Tiger 800
3. V-strom 1000

My current bike is a 2006 Z1000

Partly because the bike is not yet in the market, there is little in the Netherlands about finding owners. Thus came here.

Regards,
Bas

English is not my native language, so wrong words or phrases can be used

Guest eatpasta
whats up!

There are certainly a few members here that have a fair amount of seat time on the FJ so far, so check out the site and Im sure you'll find some good info

• 1 month later...
Finaly able made time to drive the Tracer. Never thought it... i'm sold.

Next Saturday one last dealer to visit to gat a good trade-in for my Z , and hopefully be drving a Racing Blue MT09 (or FJ09) very soon

Hello Bas, where abouts are you in The Nertherlands? I was there last weekend and had my bike serviced in Hilversum, they might do you a good deal on your Z. They have all three bike colours in stock, so a racing Blu for you :))

Let me know please if the location is good for you and I'll give you all the details - the spares & accessories manager is also Bas 8-)

Hilversum is just around the corner, I'm just south of Utrecht. Vd Kuinder by any change..;) ?
They are onroute for my visit tomorrow, so of that isn't à succes I'll be Sure to make a stop there. Tnx for the intel

Yes that's them, very friendly - as I say Bas is the spares guy and I think Roger or his dad Nico are the right chaps to speak to about a test ride and trade in. They had a silver/blu bike outside which I think is their demo bike. If you do go there 'stuur my groete asseblief' (sorry not quite Dutch, but hopefully you'll understand - Please send my Regards)

Thans for the vd Kuinder tip, but I've got a good deal today with the dealer i plannend a testdrive with.... Now just a long week waiting for my Racing Blue Tracer :D

to bad the heated grips, topcaserack and sidecases would be there yet on pickup, but i'll manage without. They'll be mounted/placed with the first service.

• Premium Member
I like the blue wheels but not the colour they chose for the tank. Now if they did matte grey with blue wheels like the UK version of the MT07...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived