Who's had both? Mt/Fz 09 and FJ09/Tracer?

Hi guys, still got my old tenere 660 with a few k's on it (90k odd)
And I have a mates Mt09 to ride for a month while he is on holidays, what I've found so far is that I am finding it very hard to not ride like a twat! This bike is just too much fun! For the ten minutes until you have to fill it up again.. I've been spoiled with 400k's+ on the tenere's tank.
So is the Tracer a bit less agro? With slightly more weight? I absolutely love that triple motor but don't think it will get along with my licence..
Still haven't ridden a Tracer yet so looking to see if anyone else has done both?
Might have to hope Yamaha australia brings out the Mt07 tracer here with a non castrated version!

• Premium Member
I own a Tracer, done over 6000 miles since March. I had a naked MT09 for 4 days earlier this month as a loaner when mine went in for a service - read about it here http://fj-09.org/thread/2043/magically-created-fz-mt09-garage

It is easy to ride either version like a twat. I do it almost every time I ride it.

One just needs to have a little self restraint. Plus good observation skills to spot cameras. Due to our government's austerity programme we don't see traffic cops very often. In fact, they are largely occupied in janitorial duties when WW2 jets fall out of the sky or the M20 is used as a lorry park. The last major prosecutions for high speed antics have been where idiots have made videos and posted them on youtube only to find themselves traced by a little detective work.

The Tracer is the much better bike all round. Larger tank, wind protection and more legroom. It allows you to be a faster twat for longer, in a rather inconspicuous package. Who would think that a sit upright bike sporting a topbox would go like that :)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I own a Tracer, done over 6000 miles since March. I had a naked MT09 for 4 days earlier this month as a loaner when mine went in for a service - read about it here http://fj-09.org/thread/2043/magically-created-fz-mt09-garage 
It is easy to ride either version like a twat. I do it almost every time I ride it.

One just needs to have a little self restraint. Plus good observation skills to spot cameras. Due to our government's austerity programme we don't see traffic cops very often. In fact, they are largely occupied in janitorial duties when WW2 jets fall out of the sky or the M20 is used as a lorry park. The last major prosecutions for high speed antics have been where idiots have made videos and posted them on youtube only to find themselves traced by a little detective work.

The Tracer is the much better bike all round. Larger tank, wind protection and more legroom. It allows you to be a faster twat for longer, in a rather inconspicuous package. Who would think that a sit upright bike sporting a topbox would go like that :)
Thanks, Wessie. I have read almost the whole forum and did see your posts there too.
Self restraint! Haha I have heaps of that! Not so much the speeding I'm concerned with but the wheelies etc. It makes me look like I can ride! The Mt really does feel like a big motard..
I am pretty sold on the 09 Tracer but if the Mt07 Tracer comes out Ill have some thinking to do.
I'm already sold on the conspicuous bike idea. I don't think I've ever even been pulled over on my Tenere, my old Fz6 was a different story!

Archived