Akro full exhaust

jamboa

Two Brothers install instuctions say all road cainisters should be repacked every 3000 miles .....anybody have any experience with Two Brothers products on other bikes ? seems like a lot of maintenance for a silencer . I have a Delkovic carbon on my FZ1 and Rush Performance on my F6B and havent had to repack either system .

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two Brothers install instuctions say all road cainisters should be repacked every 3000 miles .....anybody have any experience with Two Brothers products on other bikes ? seems like a lot of maintenance for a silencer . I have a Delkovic carbon on my FZ1 and Rush Performance on my F6B and havent had to repack either system .
I noticed that, I figured they're just creating a way to sell a $99 kit every 3000 miles. Maybe it's not actually necessary and more of a marketing stunt to get more money?  
I've never had a muffler on a car or bike that needed re-packing... 

I just put a Titanium Akra on my bike. This makes my third time buying their exhausts, previously for 2007 BMW R1200GS and an 2000 Yamaha R1.

The BMW did 44k miles and never needed a repack, the R1 has done around 15k and many track days and has never needed a repack. We'll see how this one goes.

The only center stand issue I has was taking the stock exhaust off.

True, it isn't in plain sight, I know its there and when people go to look for it, as it isn't in plain sight, they have really liked it. Every time I'm in a parking lot with people around some one asks me about the bike. The outlet, just in front of the rear wheel does pop and makes people go looking for the rest of it.

After 150 miles or so the fueling has felt fine so I haven't yet made a decision about doing a dyno tune.

Akra gives you everything you need in the box, except the tools. They provide lock tite and anti-seize in the box. The instructions are clear and they give good quality, large black and white pictures. Piece of cake. They did not provide stickers. They used to.

Removing the stock exhaust was not so simple, given that I may have missed something completely obvious and caused my own misery. It's a one piece unit and it didn't want to clear in enough places to slide out. Since I can weld I just cut it at the collector. I can always re-weld it if I ever want to use it again. I wasn't in any mood to pull and re install the center stand springs, still I would figure that would be the way to go if you don't want to cut the stock exhaust off.

While I didn't put the pieces on a scale, I did hold them in comparison for weight difference. My non-scientific opinion is "a good bit" of weight saving.

I have left the baffle in and did not install a cat (sold separately) because I didn't want to be obnoxiously loud this time and cats aren't checked on motorcycles in North Carolina. The sound pleases my ears, it is "a bit" louder than stock, I don't have any popping on deceleration (so far, and I expected to have popping) and the throttle response (very good in stock form, compared to many other bikes I have ridden) feels like the motor had a bunch of caffeine and sugar and is ready to go right now.

I like it. Exceeds my expectations even with prior experience with Akra systems.

Changed out my stock system for the Akra Ti this morning. Took me no more then 30 minutes tops. Was a little bit of a PITA taking the stock pipe out. It kept getting stuck in the center stand. A bit of wiggling and it gave way. The new pipe was a breeze to install and very well thought out

Love the sound with the baffle in. Just slightly louder then stock. Exactly what I was looking for in a pipe. Akrapovic quality is second to none.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
How loud is this thing? I think stock is about good level of loudness...although..I would love to get rid of that ugly stock muffler underneath the bike.
I actually like the stock FJ muffler look and design. That is why a few of us made our stock systems sound better, instead of spending hundreds on an aftermarket exhaust. What's not to like about the look? The large box at the bottom that is only visible if you stick your head down there? To each his/her own. confused2_zpsv8dmakkf.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
How loud is this thing? I think stock is about good level of loudness...although..I would love to get rid of that ugly stock muffler underneath the bike.
I actually like the stock FJ muffler look and design.
That makes two of us.  It looks tidy to me. 
I always hated a huge can hanging off the side, and my Daytona had an undertail which looks clean but roasts your leg and butt and puts a lot of weight pretty high.  I'll take "under-slung muffler" for 1000, Alex.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

RandyD. Would be great to see some photos.
Theres a 90 second video on youtube all about the akropovic titanium exhaust on the Tracer/ FJ, but im not pc savvy enough to link it on here, sorry. Have a shufty on youtube........

• Premium Member
This one does a back-to-back comparison:

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
The large box at the bottom that is only visible if you stick your head down there? To each his/her own. confused2_zpsv8dmakkf.gif
That's what she said
Nice. friday_zpsy7vrreqp.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Two Brothers install instuctions say all road cainisters should be repacked every 3000 miles .....anybody have any experience with Two Brothers products on other bikes ? seems like a lot of maintenance for a silencer .
I'm a little late on this one, but I had Two Brothers slip-ons on a VStrom 1k.  They started out pretty mellow, but after ~5k miles, they got LOUD.  I never did re-pack them, though.  This was also more than 10 years ago, so materials may have improved, but if they're calling for a 3k re-pack, I'm guessing not...

I just added a graves smog block off kit today. Took another 1lb off the bike and no more decel popping. It's was pretty nasty below 4k and was shooting fire. Not good for exhaust packing lol. While I was in there I added my K&N filter also. Wish I hadn't of filled the tank before I started the project (facepalm)

Archived