How do you answer, "What do you ride?"

I agree with you JimF. I have a couple friends who bought GXR's for the first bike and it was too much, they got scared and ruined riding for them. I did my riding training on a 250 sports bike it was a hell of a lot of fun to thrash it around.

Nobody new has asked me yet.  Suppose i will say a Sport Tourer.  I can tell you this though.  Since I got this bike last Friday, I get on it every chance I get.  I do get a lot of looks, i think a lot of people are seriously impressed with the bike's "Cool Factor" as am I.  Traded in my Harley Road King, was second guessing my self before I rode off the dealer lot, about a mile in, there was no more second guessing.  I love this thing.

• Premium Member
Welp, I've started just saying I've got a Yamaha triple and if they seem somewhat interested I explain it's kinda a cross between a sport bike and a touring bike. 99% of the time, they don't know anything about bikes (just like when I talk about my road/cycling bikes) and that's where it ends. Those that know something end up being intrigued and want to know more since these bikes are pretty rare.

Since most people that ask are clueless, I tell them it's a Yamaha sport bike. Usually you can tell the people that know about motorcycles, if so I'll be more detailed. Usually the follow up question I get is "are you one of those guys zooming past and lane splitting?" (since I'm in California).

Archived