I joined the club

So as of Monday night I have joined the club and now own an FJ-09. I opted for the red and am really looking forward to getting to know this bike! I've owned quite a few bikes over the years and just traded an FZ1 for the FJ and still have a Speed Triple in the garage. I've already found a ton of great information here.

Alejandro, I would say you hit it about right. I did a ton of 600 plus mile days on the FZ1 and took it down to the Dragon and that area every year. It was great as a light duty sport-tourer. The Speed has been geared down one tooth in the front and is an absolute beast, especially in first gear, it come up really quick. It also has a more committed riding position that the FZ1, being an '06 it has the shorter subframe so you can't really move around much, you're locked into position.
Chris, I'm from Elkhart, IN.
Thanks guys!

So as of Monday night I have joined the club and now own an FJ-09. I opted for the red and am really looking forward to getting to know this bike! I've owned quite a few bikes over the years and just traded an FZ1 for the FJ and still have a Speed Triple in the garage. I've already found a ton of great information here.
I too replaced a FZ1 with the FJ09, they are different machines for sure. I love the comfort and the midrange on the FJ

Alejandro, I would say you hit it about right. I did a ton of 600 plus mile days on the FZ1 and took it down to the Dragon and that area every year. It was great as a light duty sport-tourer. The Speed has been geared down one tooth in the front and is an absolute beast, especially in first gear, it come up really quick. It also has a more committed riding position that the FZ1, being an '06 it has the shorter subframe so you can't really move around much, you're locked into position. Chris, I'm from Elkhart, IN.
Thanks guys!
Nice.  I took the 1 day ABATE / MSF class in Elkhart.  We are getting quite a few from Indiana on the forum.

Alejandro, I would say you hit it about right. I did a ton of 600 plus mile days on the FZ1 and took it down to the Dragon and that area every year. It was great as a light duty sport-tourer. The Speed has been geared down one tooth in the front and is an absolute beast, especially in first gear, it come up really quick. It also has a more committed riding position that the FZ1, being an '06 it has the shorter subframe so you can't really move around much, you're locked into position. Chris, I'm from Elkhart, IN.
Thanks guys!
Nice.  I took the 1 day ABATE / MSF class in Elkhart.  We are getting quite a few from Indiana on the forum.
So are you from the area here? 

Archived